Fall Run to Cuba - CANCELED!

Started by MiniDave, June 16, 2017, 10:05:24 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Willie_B

So how are the 4 days used, first and last arrive/depart, middle two days for the drives? Working on the logistics. How long are the drives each day?

MiniDave

We generally meet for breakfast, then head out, drive till noonish, have lunch then run till 4-5 at the latest, then back to the hotel and meet up for dinner, beers and whatever else.....although in Cuba, Mo - there isn't a lot of whatever else!   ;D

In fact they roll up the sidewalks by 10 or so........

Yes, arrive the first day drive days 2 and 3, and head home the 4th......but like I said I can come down a day early, and a couple others might be able to also.....

Our local guy Don Ruder knows all the roads  down there like the proverbial back of his hand and we always find a couple of nice places to stop, take some pics and stretch our legs a bit.
Complete failure at retirement

1989 Cooper Racing Green
2009 Clubman S
2014 Audi Allroad

Willie_B

Getting there a day early sounds good.
I would need to head for home after lunch on Saturday. Get most of the way then have a few hours Sunday to get back by noon.
Either hotel looks good, the Super 8 looks to have more choices of places to eat close by. The breakfast counter looks limited.

Willie_B

I am bummed. Not going to be able to come.
Not only is the birthday party now scheduled for Saturday they want to have it at our house. :-[

94touring

I actually work that week but also really need to upgrade brakes and do my engine swap.

MiniDave

It's not unusual to have a couple of drop outs as we get near the event, we'll do another one WillieB, and maybe Dan will have his new hot rod motor and the brakes to stop it with by then...... ::)

I'm planning to do Guido's event in the spring in Tenn, if you're going to that I will see you there!

1989 Cooper Racing Green
2009 Clubman S
2014 Audi Allroad

MiniDave

EVENT CANCELED!

Looks like we'll have to do this another time, too many date conflicts for this fall.

I'll see if we can put one together for the early spring instead.

1989 Cooper Racing Green
2009 Clubman S
2014 Audi Allroad

Willie_B

Will look forward to a spring event.
Will be a busy spring with the CMU event in April somewhere in the east coast mountains.  77.gif

MiniDave

Oh shoot, forgot about that one - both Don and I are planning to do the CMU event too so maybe that will be our spring run.

1989 Cooper Racing Green
2009 Clubman S
2014 Audi Allroad

jedduh01

Just a tip= Mark your calendar for April 16-20th : 

Location TBC.

MiniDave

April 18-21 is the Classic Minis United run in Tenn,  WillieB and I, among others, are going to that - just FYI.......

1989 Cooper Racing Green
2009 Clubman S
2014 Audi Allroad

jedduh01

That was my intended FYI = Sorry i was off a few dates. .. Lost in translation.

Wed  thru Saturday (drive home Sunday)

North Eastern Tennessee!

DO HOPE to meet all you guys next year.

MiniDave

1989 Cooper Racing Green
2009 Clubman S
2014 Audi Allroad