toyo tires CF2

Started by rmonagel, July 13, 2017, 10:03:32 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

rmonagel

Tried searching for some threads but no luck. Does anyone run toyo tires on their Mini? My buddy is selling his Toyo Proxes CF2. Tires are not old and have no damage/patches; that's why I'm thinking of buying them.

MPlayle

Classic Mini (pre-BMW) or new MINI (2002 and newer)?

I have not heard of that brand being available in sizes that fit the classic Mini.

As for the brand itself, it is supposed to have a decent reputation for good tires on other cars.  I, personally, have not had the Toyo brand on any of my cars - I usually buy lesser cost tires that meet the car's speed and load rating requirements.

For my classic Minis, it has usually been who has something affordable in the size to fit for the particular car (whether 10" or 12" and 145 vs. 165).

rmonagel

They are 205/45 r17.  I decided not to buy them and will just buy new tires that cost less.

BruceK

Quote from: rmonagel on July 23, 2017, 06:31:14 PM
They are 205/45 r17.  I decided not to buy them and will just buy new tires that cost less.
You can also look at the 215/45 R17 tires.  The extra 10mm width is insignificant and there are a lot more tires in that size to choose from.  I've been running that size for a dozen years on my MINI - no issues.
1988 Austin Mini
2002 MINI Cooper S
1992 Toyota LiteAce (JDM)
1997 Jeep Wrangler Sahara

rmonagel

Thanks BruceK for the suggestion. I will consider that size.

MiniDave

Yep, I run them too, lots of choices in that size, in all different types of tires.....be sure to check the date codes, new tires can sometimes sit in the warehouse for years - even current model tires.

One of our members ordered some Dunlop Star Direstas from Tire Rack, when they came in 3 of them had 3 year old date codes on them already - they gladly took them back and sent him some that were only a few weeks old.
Complete failure at retirement

1989 Cooper Racing Green
2009 Clubman S
2014 Audi Allroad

jeff10049

Good call, I don't know much about smaller size toyo's but the big truck sizes are junk you're better off with a cheap Chinese tire. The only small size set I ever had was on our 2004 mini they were sold to me as a premium tire and were also junk. lasted less than 30k and leaked air at the bead from day one never could get it fixed they finally sold me a good set of Michelin tires that now have 60k on them never leak air and still have lots of life left in them.