Mini and Mircrocar Classic, Larz Anderson Museum Brookline MA

Started by Ingman, July 04, 2017, 10:51:54 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Ingman

RJR

MiniDave

First I've ever heard of this event, fantastic setting tho! Are you showing your car there?

We have an annual Micro car show here in KC that I show at each year, but the setting is nothing like that one!.

Complete failure at retirement

1989 Cooper Racing Green
2009 Clubman S
2014 Audi Allroad

Ingman

Yes, I am registered and if the weather is good, I am going to make the run on Saturday (to Wachussett Mountain) and show it Sunday.  Probably will be the only Inno there.

Here's a link if anyone is interested.  Looking forward to it.

http://www.bubbledrome.com/index2.html

RJR

Ingman

Couple of pics from day 2 of the event.  Most minis they have had in a long time they said.
RJR

BruceK

Thanks for sharing those pictures! Is that an Austin Mini Pimlico?    I haven't seen one of those in a long time. 
1988 Austin Mini
2002 MINI Cooper S
1992 Toyota LiteAce (JDM)
1997 Jeep Wrangler Sahara

ADRay

The Microcars Classic is great. I went to L.A. the first year I had my Mini in 2014 for this and British Car Day. I don't live as close to Brookline as I did then, so I haven't been back.

Have fun today
1982 Mini 1000 HL
@andyray998

Ingman

BruuceK that is indeed a Pimlico.  I had never seen one before.  In that photo where you can see it we were stopping for lunch.  As we were all ordering the skies opened up.  I helped the two women get the top up and lent my car cover to the '33 MG.

ADray well hope one day you can come back down for it.  I met quite a few folks from NEMO and maybe they can get a mini drive together in your neck of the woods. 
RJR

MiniDave

1989 Cooper Racing Green
2009 Clubman S
2014 Audi Allroad

MPlayle

Dave,

It is at the very far right of the fourth picture - maroon and silver - sitting just left of a big silver pickup.

MiniDave

1989 Cooper Racing Green
2009 Clubman S
2014 Audi Allroad

BruceK

Quote from: MiniDave on July 09, 2017, 07:11:35 AM
OK, what's different about it?

It's a fiberglass Mini cabrio-like body that takes Mini subframes.   Made in the late 80s / early 90s.   

1988 Austin Mini
2002 MINI Cooper S

MiniDave

OK, I haven't seen one of those before.

Is the whole body fiberglass or just the add-on and top parts?

1989 Cooper Racing Green
2009 Clubman S
2014 Audi Allroad

BruceK

The whole thing is fiberglass, it accepts Mini front and rear subframes.  Although I'm not sure about the bonnet – it could be stock Mini.  They made a saloon version too.   But England, being weird, seemed to favor the open car over the saloon version. 
1988 Austin Mini
2002 MINI Cooper S

Ingman

The pimlico was not there today, but here are a few pics of mini row.  Spent 3 hours giving rides to enthusiastic kids and adults around the grounds.  Was a great event and i would encourage others to come next year.
RJR