Moke project extras for sale

Started by MPlayle, June 12, 2017, 06:57:02 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

MPlayle

Some of the "extras" from the Moke project that are now going up for sale:

(All prices are "or best reasonable offer" and do not include shipping costs from 78240.)

1 - DAM2886 cased A+ rod change & pot joint transmission (used, includes input shaft bearing and idler gear and bearing for A+ serviceable 'as-is', no pot joints) - asking $300

1 - CAM4810 casting 998 cylinder head (with springs & valves - no rockers) - asking $150

1 - 3.1 final drive set (used? - came with purchase of the Moke) - asking $80

1 - 998 factory intake/exhaust manifold for HS-4 carb (used, includes "pre-heat" housing for factory air box) - asking $40

1 - HS-4 carb for rebuild (used) - asking $100

MPlayle

Updated the list above: the old engine is being sold and the spare 998 manifold and rebuildable carb are going with it.

Prices also updated.

SomethingNew71

Hi is the rod change system still for sale? If it is would you be willing to ship it to NC?

MPlayle

Yes, the rod change transmission is still available.

Shipping is up to you, I am willing to send it wherever you make arrangements for it to go.  I will get it boxed up and try to get an approximate weight for getting shipping quotes.

Edit: PM sent.

kcmini

which transmission did the 3.1 final drive come out of  thanks  Kerry

MPlayle

Kerry,

The 3.1 final drive was not in any of the transmissions I have.  The person I bought the Moke from had it as spare and provided it along with the Moke as I was considering upgrading the original transmission to the 3.1 final drive.

From what I had read, it should fit any Mini transmission.

MiniDave

It should, the only thing you may have to do to use it is ream the retainer bracket slightly to clear the larger pinion gear.
Complete failure at retirement

1989 Cooper Racing Green
2009 Clubman S
2014 Audi Allroad

MPlayle

Offer accepted on the transmission.

Original post updated.

There may be some other stuff pop up as I finish going through things removed from the old shell refurbishing to go onto the new shell.

MPlayle

The old Moke shell and rear subframe are going to Hugh Cannon.

There will likely be a few other bits added to the list in the coming few weeks.

MPlayle

Bringing this one back up with a fresh list of leftover "spares" from the Moke project.

1 - CAM4810 casting 998 cylinder head (with springs & valves - no rockers) - asking $125

1 - 3.1 final drive set (used? - came with purchase of the Moke) - asking $75

2 - 3-core radiators (both used, one from the 850, the other from the 998) - asking $25 each

1 - set of Moke top hoops and top (custom ordered by the previous owner, no side curtains) - asking $200  Sold!

1 - set of factory front lower arms and connecting rods (4 pieces) - asking $50

1 - water pump pulley (used, large - 4.75" diameter, with spacer) - asking $25

1 - plain steel 10" wheel (painted white, no tire, no nuts) - asking $15

All prices do not include shipping.  Buyer covers shipping costs from 78232 zip code.

Galipe

Quote from: MPlayle on October 31, 2017, 03:13:43 PM
Offer accepted on the transmission.

Original post updated.

There may be some other reasons to bulk up with these sarms pop up as I finish going through things removed from the old shell refurbishing to go onto the new shell.

Just my luck that the Moke top hoops are gone already. Do you run into those often, MPlayle?

MPlayle

Galipe,

These were left over from my Moke restoration as I went with a custom top and support arrangement similar to the later Portuguese/Cagiva Mokes.