A Series Run

Started by MiniDave, June 03, 2017, 02:17:35 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

MiniDave

Today was a local group run for any car that came with an A series engine, we were supposed to have a couple of Morris Minors but both had problems develop right before the run, even so we had a good turnout and a good mix of cars. We met up at Victoria British who started us off with tea and scones for breakfast.

We cruised up to Atchison Kansas via the backroads and stopped for lunch at Chuck and Hanks right on the banks of the Missouri River. The BBQ was great as usual, and it was fun to watch the river which was really full and running fast. The few boats out on the river fishing had to run pretty hard to get back upstream against the current.

Next we took a short drive around Atchison to see some of the famous and infamous homes perched up on the bluff above the river, including Amelia Earhart's home.

After that we headed back home on some more Missouri backroads, unfortunately our fearless leader missed a turn about 1/3 of the way home and most of the drive back was on the interstate. The green Mini performed perfectly, the temp ran right in the middle even tho it was close to 90* all day, I'm very happy with how this car runs these days!

The only "casualty" was John's Caterham - the electric cooling fan quit working so he couldn't do the slow drives in town, once on the highway he was fine tho.
Complete failure at retirement

1989 Cooper Racing Green
2009 Clubman S
2014 Audi Allroad

rmonagel

Definitely, a good mix of rides! Now I miss joining local group runs.

Ingman

The mini looks great MiniDave.  Some nice Sprites in that group too.
RJR

gr8kornholio

Always great to see people actually enjoying there cars.  Hopefully when Bruce gets his back and I can fix my rattling couplers we can try again here in the metromess.
I am the GR8KORNHOLIO! Are you threatening me?

Saussie Aussie 1965 Australian MK1 Mini.
"Beavis" - 07 MY/MY MCS, B/MY Konig Daylites, JCW sideskirts, TSW springs, TSW lower rear control arms -- Exploring the country with new friends since 11/09.

BruceK

Quote from: gr8kornholio on July 10, 2017, 05:41:02 AM
Always great to see people actually enjoying there cars.  Hopefully when Bruce gets his back and I can fix my rattling couplers we can try again here in the metromess.

I'm looking forward to it!
1988 Austin Mini
2002 MINI Cooper S
1992 Toyota LiteAce (JDM)
1997 Jeep Wrangler Sahara