America's Cup Racing

Started by MiniDave, May 28, 2017, 12:24:15 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

MiniDave

This year they're sailing off of Bermuda, but new to me they're racing catamarans with retractable hydrofoils - this year I've seen speeds as high as 40kts! That is FAST on the water - let alone in a freakin sail boat! In the past watching sailboat racing was about as exciting as watching paint dry and grass grow, but this is making for some really exciting racing.....they're on NBCSN right now, check them out!

They pretty much jump out of the water, and accelerate like they've got twin V-8s in the back - fun stuff!

Complete failure at retirement

1989 Cooper Racing Green
2009 Clubman S
2014 Audi Allroad

BruceK

About 4 years ago my wife and I were in San Francisco and out in the bay on a sightseeing boat.   The Oracle race boat was out there too, and pretty close to us.  We could see how stupid fast it was.  Amazing. 
1988 Austin Mini
2002 MINI Cooper S
1992 Toyota LiteAce (JDM)
1997 Jeep Wrangler Sahara

gr8kornholio

Is it really a boat when only 3 little fins are barely in the water?  Looks more like a sail plane with water guides.
I am the GR8KORNHOLIO! Are you threatening me?

Saussie Aussie 1965 Australian MK1 Mini.
"Beavis" - 07 MY/MY MCS, B/MY Konig Daylites, JCW sideskirts, TSW springs, TSW lower rear control arms -- Exploring the country with new friends since 11/09.