The nastiest Dive bar I had ever been to.

Started by Jims5543, May 25, 2017, 10:30:35 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Jims5543

Is gone. I am pissed, it was a remarkably shitty shithole where the drive to and from it was the best part.

Drinking a Bud or Bud light (those were your choices do not let the sign out front fool you) from a can served by a 50 something year old bleach blond with her titties all pushed up and has the same hair style she had in the 80's was just the icing on the cake.

http://www.visitpickenscounty.com/vendor/11/bobs-place/

Just found out it was torched to the ground. Even if it is rebuilt, it will never be the same.

RIP Bobs Place.

Pics from our last visit there.

The Restroom:

Life should not be a journey to the grave with the intention of arriving safely in a pretty and well preserved body, but rather to skid in broadside in a cloud of smoke, thoroughly used up, totally worn out, and loudly proclaiming "Wow! What a Ride! -Hunter S. Thompson

BruceK

Wow. Just wow. 

I'm betting the dollar bills hanging from the ceiling were pulled down before the fire got to them.  And they saved the beer too.   :)
1988 Austin Mini
2002 MINI Cooper S
1992 Toyota LiteAce (JDM)
1997 Jeep Wrangler Sahara

94touring

I like that toilet.  I thought my regular dive bar was bad.

Merlin

I would be the the insurance was paid up before it went up in flames.

We had a BBQ place around us that would do the same. Every time it burned to the ground, it came back as a bigger building. I think on the fourth fire, he got caught.
Engineering the Impossible

Jims5543

I think the charm of this place was how old it was. I would be amazed if it was self inflicted arson.

Good write up on the place here.

http://southernboysc.blogspot.com/2012/11/bobs-place.html

Life should not be a journey to the grave with the intention of arriving safely in a pretty and well preserved body, but rather to skid in broadside in a cloud of smoke, thoroughly used up, totally worn out, and loudly proclaiming "Wow! What a Ride! -Hunter S. Thompson