Author Topic: Road America - Vintage Races  (Read 49 times)

Offline MiniDave

Road America - Vintage Races
« on: May 09, 2017, 03:57:41 PM »
The WeatherTech® International Challenge with Brian Redman presented by HAWK (Vintage Cars)

A mid-summer favorite, The WeatherTech® International Challenge with Brian Redman presented by HAWK is one of the largest vintage racing events in the United States and features over 400 cars competing in several groups. The four-day weekend will also showcase a historic CAN-AM race, which is the highlight of this year’s event as an impressive field of cars is expected to gather in celebration of CAN-AM’s 51st Anniversary. This year’s event will also feature a special S2000 reunion. The Concours d’ Elegance in downtown Elkhart Lake on Friday for race cars and Saturday night for street cars is a can’t miss event for any enthusiast.

I have a friend running in the S2000 class and another running a Sprite (the event I went to in Lawrence was at his shop) so I will be there crewing and watching the races. Wisconsin this time of year is a very pleasant place to be, weather is usually good and there are plenty of camping places to rent for reasonable prices, including at the track itself.

Anyone wanna go to the races?

Fabulous track, 4 miles long, lots of elevation changes, plenty of great spectating places, so a terrific venue!

It's a 9 hour drive for me from KC. and it's always more fun when you know someone entered, but the caliber of racing and the breadth of the field makes this one a must-do event - I mean - Can Am cars!

1989 Cooper Racing Green
2009 Clubman S
1969 Jaguar XK-E FHC
2004 Audi Allroad 2.7 TT

Offline MiniDave

Re: Road America - Vintage Races
« Reply #1 on: Today at 10:09:08 AM »
Plans are firming up for this little adventure, the race cars going with us include

Aquilla S2000

Sprite

Le Grand

MGA

Ginetta

Elva

Looks like a good bunch, and plenty to watch all day as all these cars are in different classes. Going to the races is so much more fun when you know some of the drivers on track. I've got my room booked at the Fond du lac Microtel - closest place I could get to the track and spendy considering the location!

Don has decided if his schedule will allow he'll go with me and take his camera (Don is a professional photog, tho not in this field) but being self employed, if he gets unexpected work he'll have to bail.
« Last Edit: Today at 10:11:50 AM by MiniDave »
1989 Cooper Racing Green
2009 Clubman S
1969 Jaguar XK-E FHC
2004 Audi Allroad 2.7 TT