Honda Beat

Started by MiniDave, April 22, 2017, 02:44:40 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

MiniDave

Not only that but he mentions that it was repainted in his reply to a previous post......I'll go get caught up this morning, but as long as there are some people reading and looking, I guess that's a good thing. The guy that posted the first bid does that a lot, I don't know if that's just his "thing" or what, but he has bought at least one car and was actively bidding on several others.
Complete failure at retirement

1989 Cooper Racing Green
2009 Clubman S
2014 Audi Allroad

MiniDave

Well, I'm going to find out how the bidding process works on BaT, I registered to bid and did so on the Beat....we'll see what happens.

One of the posters pretty well trashed the car but I think Reece handled him OK......

Bruce - I went online to look for parts, I found one supplier in Japan that ships regularly to the US and even posts his prices in $$ rather than yen, his descriptions were a little light and no pics, but the prices seem pretty reasonable - valve cover gasket was $9, timing belt $14 and so on......

1989 Cooper Racing Green
2009 Clubman S
2014 Audi Allroad

BruceK

I hope it sells for a profit.   It's difficult when you have armchair experts spouting their opinions – and these are people who've almost certainly never owned that model car - perhaps have never even seen one in person. 

Good to know there are parts suppliers stepping in.

1988 Austin Mini
2002 MINI Cooper S
1992 Toyota LiteAce (JDM)
1997 Jeep Wrangler Sahara

MiniDave

Yeah, I loved it when he said "mediocre paint job".....but all he's seen are the pics. How can you tell from a pic? I certainly couldn't....his reply was that you can see the old color under the hood and under the bottom of the car and such.

I told Reece to talk up the exclusivity and fun to drive factors....that's all you can do with guys like this......

I think Reece will be happy if he can break even plus a bit.

1989 Cooper Racing Green
2009 Clubman S
2014 Audi Allroad

MiniDave

Well, the Beat is not attracting a lot of attention these days......tomorrow is DDay, I hope things ramp up a bit as it closes out, I'll miss the action as I'll be working and unable to watch it on my phone while driving.

1989 Cooper Racing Green
2009 Clubman S
2014 Audi Allroad

LilDrunkenSmurf

The beat was one of the first JDM cars I ever saw in person, imported into Canada, back in 2006 (15 year law vs US 25 year law).

It was amazing, blew my mind. I really want an Autozam AZ-1 one day, specifically with the Mazdaspeed F50 bodykit

MiniDave

The bid is up to $4750, so it's getting a little action at last, about an hour and a half to go.......Smurf, it would be great if you went and posted that in the comments section - or better yet - buy the car!   ;D

1989 Cooper Racing Green
2009 Clubman S
2014 Audi Allroad

MiniDave

The Beat sold for $5500, that didn't quite break them out of the car, but it sold and that's that. The buyer was a serious bidder on another Beat that sold for $7700 that he didn't win, so I guess it went to the right buyer.

Edit: Just found out the car was bought by Chris Bebe, friend and neighbor of Peter Egan......he's coming to get it and drive it the 800 miles back to his home in Wisconsin.

1989 Cooper Racing Green
2009 Clubman S
2014 Audi Allroad

MiniDave

Chris is coming this weekend to pick up the Honda Beat and drive it home to Wisconsin....there was some talk of Egan coming with him and writing a story for R&T, but he's not coming after all. I hope Chris at least writes up a story for BaT about the trip home, I think those are fun to read.

1989 Cooper Racing Green
2009 Clubman S
2014 Audi Allroad

BruceK

Glad they didn't loose their shirt on the Beat.  I'm sure when you factor in the fun and adventure they had with it, it was worth it. 
1988 Austin Mini
2002 MINI Cooper S
1992 Toyota LiteAce (JDM)
1997 Jeep Wrangler Sahara