Since MiniSpares is not too good about answering emailed questions...

Started by BruceK, March 22, 2017, 11:18:02 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

BruceK

... does anybody know if this drive flange part comes with the wheels studs installed?   The photo seems to indicate it does, but there is no mention in the text.  I don't want to order studs if not needed.

http://minispares.com/product/Classic/Drivetrain/Drive%20flanges/21A2695MS.aspx?0802&ReturnUrl=/product/Classic/Gearbox/Diffs/Crown_Wheel_Pinons/BTA370.aspx|Back to#pab
1988 Austin Mini
2002 MINI Cooper S
1992 Toyota LiteAce (JDM)
1997 Jeep Wrangler Sahara

MiniDave

Did you email the sales dept? I usually get a good quick response from them, it's the warranty and technical depts. that don't seem to have email access.

But to answer your question directly, I believe it comes just as shown.
Complete failure at retirement

1989 Cooper Racing Green
2009 Clubman S
2014 Audi Allroad

roadhouse

I did not buy that specific part but the drive flange I bought from them did have the studs installed.

BruceK

Thanks guys.  I have emailed MiniSpares via the option on their website and we'll see if I get a response.
1988 Austin Mini
2002 MINI Cooper S

John Gervais

Yup - studs installed.  I've a pair of those sitting in a box that I bought in June '09.
- Pave the Bay -

BruceK

Thanks.   And I heard back promptly from MiniSpares this morning who confirmed the studs are included.
1988 Austin Mini
2002 MINI Cooper S

Rosebud

Quote from: BruceK on March 23, 2017, 05:03:44 AM
I heard back promptly from MiniSpares this morning...
I'm having a heck of a time getting MiniSpares to respond to my email(s). I ordered a high-dollar item a couple of weeks ago and got my order confirmed immediately. I then received an email from my bank wanting me to confirm the overseas charge, which I did. My bank said that it's standard procedure with overseas charges to confirm with the cardholder and that the seller (MiniSpares) would automatically resubmit the charge.

Thinking my part was on it's way, I received an email from MiniSpares almost 2 weeks after I placed my order telling me my bank declined the charge. I emailed MS back to tell them I confirmed the charge w/ my bank and to please resubmit. To date I have not received any response from MS. Disappointed, I cancelled my order. Still nothing from MS. 4 emails to MS later... still nothing. Not happy.
Rosebud
...the sled, not the flower
https://www.facebook.com/PoserMotorSports

MiniDave

When I've been dissatisfied with their responses I contact Simon, he seems really responsive - but I always contact him thru the UK Mini forum......here's his email

Simon@minispares.com

1989 Cooper Racing Green
2009 Clubman S
2014 Audi Allroad

Rosebud

Quote from: MiniDave on August 28, 2017, 04:46:08 PM
When I've been dissatisfied with their responses

Thanks for the tip and the email address. As of now, I'm monitoring my bank statement making sure MS hasn't charged me. Maybe I'll give Simon a heads-up.
Rosebud
...the sled, not the flower
https://www.facebook.com/PoserMotorSports

MiniDave

Do that, he'll make every effort to make things right for you......

1989 Cooper Racing Green
2009 Clubman S
2014 Audi Allroad