Prepare to be shocked

Started by BruceK, March 22, 2017, 08:27:16 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

BruceK

This is a screenshot of an actual click-bait ad. 

Let's review:

This new car is newer (SHOCK!)

And it is a MINI model that is bigger (DOUBLE SHOCK!)

1988 Austin Mini
2002 MINI Cooper S
1992 Toyota LiteAce (JDM)
1997 Jeep Wrangler Sahara

MiniDave

No wonder MINI canned their ad agency this week.
Complete failure at retirement

1989 Cooper Racing Green
2009 Clubman S
2014 Audi Allroad

MPlayle

When I bought my 2016 Clubman last June, the salesperson said it was the "biggest MINI" at that time until the next edition of the Countryman was due out and that would then become the biggest one.

They keep getting bigger and more BMW-like each cycle.

Still, they are not bad cars and I like my Clubman.

MiniDave

I do too, it hauled my classic down to Texas and back with no issues and it's been a great car......I'm just going to keep it.
Complete failure at retirement

1989 Cooper Racing Green
2009 Clubman S
2014 Audi Allroad

gr8kornholio

5-6 years ago I almost got the wife to get a Countryman for the family car, almost. 
I am the GR8KORNHOLIO! Are you threatening me?

Saussie Aussie 1965 Australian MK1 Mini.
"Beavis" - 07 MY/MY MCS, B/MY Konig Daylites, JCW sideskirts, TSW springs, TSW lower rear control arms -- Exploring the country with new friends since 11/09.

Jims5543

The R53 we purchased was only supposed to serve us for a couple of years and move along.

Wife loves it too much and does not want to get rid of it.  But also wants to keep the hotrodded E30.  She is getting my sickness.  (insert evil laugh here)

As far as the Maxi Coopers go, I prefer my FJ Cruiser it is just a tiny bit larger.  ;D
Life should not be a journey to the grave with the intention of arriving safely in a pretty and well preserved body, but rather to skid in broadside in a cloud of smoke, thoroughly used up, totally worn out, and loudly proclaiming "Wow! What a Ride! -Hunter S. Thompson

BruceK

Quote from: MiniDave on March 22, 2017, 09:19:01 AM
I do too, it hauled my classic down to Texas and back with no issues and it's been a great car......I'm just going to keep it.

Same here.  In a couple of months it will be 15 years of ownership for me and my R53.   I still love it and I am totally satisfied with it.  I'm sure I will still have when it hits 20 years old. 
1988 Austin Mini
2002 MINI Cooper S
1992 Toyota LiteAce (JDM)
1997 Jeep Wrangler Sahara

gr8kornholio

And after a very short ride in your R53 I'm thoroughly impressed with it and been peeking at them. 
I am the GR8KORNHOLIO! Are you threatening me?

Saussie Aussie 1965 Australian MK1 Mini.
"Beavis" - 07 MY/MY MCS, B/MY Konig Daylites, JCW sideskirts, TSW springs, TSW lower rear control arms -- Exploring the country with new friends since 11/09.