1992 Toyota LiteAce (JDM)
1997 Jeep Wrangler Sahara

MiniDave

Complete failure at retirement

1989 Cooper Racing Green
2009 Clubman S
2014 Audi Allroad

Jims5543

That is ingenious although I can see it getting muddled up in a hurry in slush and what if there is debri?

I am still a fan of this method.

Life should not be a journey to the grave with the intention of arriving safely in a pretty and well preserved body, but rather to skid in broadside in a cloud of smoke, thoroughly used up, totally worn out, and loudly proclaiming "Wow! What a Ride! -Hunter S. Thompson

jeff10049

we install a lot of auto chains they work well, on that note fuck this snow I've had enough ready to move.

Jims5543

Quote from: jeff10049 on February 22, 2017, 11:21:35 PM
we install a lot of auto chains they work well, on that note fuck this snow I've had enough ready to move.

2 more weeks please just keep it around 2 more weeks then it can all melt and I will be happy.

I only get to come visit and play in it, I grew up in the NE and knew at a young age I did not want to live in it.

Life should not be a journey to the grave with the intention of arriving safely in a pretty and well preserved body, but rather to skid in broadside in a cloud of smoke, thoroughly used up, totally worn out, and loudly proclaiming "Wow! What a Ride! -Hunter S. Thompson

John Gervais

We're expecting a small snowstorm tonight.  Although they're predicting around 5 or 6", it probably won't amount to much as we've only received 1½ - 2" inches this year.  The media is playing this up to something noteworthy, though, and encouraging people to leave work early to avoid chaos on the roads.

I had planned on taking the mini trout fishing today (sea trout, aka. steelhead), but with the forecast as it is and the liberal dumping of salt on the roads didn't want to take the chance that I might not make it home again.  Caught a pair of seatrout on Thursday last week, a 15"er which I released again and a really fat 18"er with loads of newly swallowed small fish (known as tobis) in its belly .  Although both a bit on the smaller side of what's available, the second was over legal limit size (given to Hyacinth in my finest hairy-chested, mouth-breathing style), the season has begun!
- Pave the Bay -

Jims5543

In Denmark, does everyone buy milk and break like in the states even if they never use it?

While they are doing that for Hurricanes (Plus water) I buy lots of beer and booze. Since it is banned from sales typically after a bad storm. For whatever reason in the politicians tiny heads seems plausible.

John Gervais

Yup - it's the same as in the States, bread, milk, butter and bakers yeast gets sold-out fast. 

I confess that I bought bread and yeast today, but I had eaten the last 4 slices at lunchtime and will be baking spelt breakfast rolls Saturday morning, as I do every week.  Still have 4 cans of beer in the fridge left over from the Superbowl, so I'm good for the next few weeks.
- Pave the Bay -

Jims5543

4 cans of beer last 4 weeks?

Cans like these?

John Gervais

That'd be nice, but it'd be a lifetime supply and I'd need a new fridge...  I'm pretty sure Hyacinth wouldn't approve.

I just found another can, it was hiding behind the broccoli - so that's 5 left over from the game. 
- Pave the Bay -

Jims5543

You obviously have no kids, that fridge is way too organized and tidy.

Ours looks like a food bomb went off it it, I should snap a pic.

John Gervais

You're right - no kids.   17.gif

Although the thread has drifted, and I feel a bit sorry about it, at least we've kept within the climactic theme...
- Pave the Bay -

Jims5543

Sorry Bruce!!!

We should get back on topic.. um what was it again?  Oh yeah chains!

I will let myself out now.

John Gervais

I guess I'm the only one who's wondering how a guy from Dallas gets to reading The Snow Plow News.   8.gif
- Pave the Bay -

gr8kornholio

It snows here, well kinda, sometimes, well maybe once it really snowed, for here at least.  Lol.
I am the GR8KORNHOLIO! Are you threatening me?

Saussie Aussie 1965 Australian MK1 Mini.
"Beavis" - 07 MY/MY MCS, B/MY Konig Daylites, JCW sideskirts, TSW springs, TSW lower rear control arms -- Exploring the country with new friends since 11/09.

BruceK

Quote from: John Gervais on February 24, 2017, 04:40:38 PM
I guess I'm the only one who's wondering how a guy from Dallas gets to reading The Snow Plow News.   8.gif

Just the majesty of the Interwebs - following one item of interest often leads to another.   :)
1988 Austin Mini
2002 MINI Cooper S
1992 Toyota LiteAce (JDM)
1997 Jeep Wrangler Sahara

gr8kornholio

The dangerous, sometimes expensive truth of the interwebs.
I am the GR8KORNHOLIO! Are you threatening me?

Saussie Aussie 1965 Australian MK1 Mini.
"Beavis" - 07 MY/MY MCS, B/MY Konig Daylites, JCW sideskirts, TSW springs, TSW lower rear control arms -- Exploring the country with new friends since 11/09.