All British & European Car Day

Started by gr8kornholio, February 17, 2017, 07:01:09 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

gr8kornholio

Preregistration is open for the all british and european car day at white rock lake in Dallas.  Here is a link to it.

registration  http://www.king-cart.com/allbritishcarday/frontpage=yes

Info site with link to registration  http://www.allbritishcarday.com/

I'm planning on attending this year and for now my weekend is open.
I am the GR8KORNHOLIO! Are you threatening me?

Saussie Aussie 1965 Australian MK1 Mini.
"Beavis" - 07 MY/MY MCS, B/MY Konig Daylites, JCW sideskirts, TSW springs, TSW lower rear control arms -- Exploring the country with new friends since 11/09.

MiniDave

Complete failure at retirement

1989 Cooper Racing Green
2009 Clubman S
2014 Audi Allroad

BruceK

1988 Austin Mini
2002 MINI Cooper S
1992 Toyota LiteAce (JDM)
1997 Jeep Wrangler Sahara

gr8kornholio

Actually signed up yesterday.  Looking forward to seeing all the cars.

"Beavis" - 07 MY/MY MCS, B/MY Konig Daylites, JCW sideskirts, TSW springs, TSW lower rear control arms -- Exploring the country with new friends since 11/09.

MiniDave

Mark, have you done any work on the Aussie??

1989 Cooper Racing Green
2009 Clubman S
2014 Audi Allroad

gr8kornholio

Not yet, still waiting on parts from minisport.  I got the tower bolts and associated parts along with my assembled front hubs and rear brakes.  The assembled parts says 5-7 days, so still waiting.  I probably should have just bit the shipping bullet and got the tower bolts and some other stuff from minispares so I wouldn't be waiting on the assembled parts.  O well. 

gr8kornholio

Friendly one week reminder till the show.  Hoping the weather holds out and all the storms are gone by Saturday as forecast. 

MiniDave

We have two events back to back......this Sat is the A Series Run for any car that was originally built with n A series engine, Minis, Morris Minors, Bugeyes, Midgets, Lotus 7 and so on, we should have about 15 cars on that run, should be fun. We're going up to Atchison Ks and tour around, then backroads home again.

The following Saturday is a joint run with the Iowa Mini Club...we meet in Bethany Mo - about half way between KC and Des Moines then do about a 100 mile run on the backroads of Iowa and northern Missouri, ending up at an ice cream parlor in Lamoni. Should be about 30 cars on that one.

See, we don't just shine 'em and park 'em, we DRIVE 'em!   ;D

1989 Cooper Racing Green
2009 Clubman S
2014 Audi Allroad

BruceK

I hope so too. Is there a rain date in case the storms don't clear out? 
1988 Austin Mini
2002 MINI Cooper S

BruceK

I'm not aware of any British car driving events in the DFW area - so maybe we should start some around here.   

Mark, want to team up together and organize one? The All British show next week would be a great place to talk such a thing up - and maybe some flyers to distribute there would help.    What do you think?
1988 Austin Mini
2002 MINI Cooper S

gr8kornholio

That could be fun.  We are finding more and more classic owners around here.  Then we just have to convince them to come out and drive them.  One downer is there aren't exactly a lot of "good roads" around here.

MiniDave

We're also doing a "Mini Drive-in Movie" night later in the month, just for ideas......

The same day as our Iowa drive there's another event - a parade in a small town about 30 miles away.

1989 Cooper Racing Green
2009 Clubman S
2014 Audi Allroad

BruceK

Quote from: gr8kornholio on April 23, 2017, 03:03:28 PM
...  One downer is there aren't exactly a lot of "good roads" around here.

There are some I know that are fun.  The other draw is to plan drives to interesting places - which can sort of make up for the roads.   
1988 Austin Mini
2002 MINI Cooper S

MPlayle

There used to be quite a few MOT (Mini Owners of Texas) folks in the DFW area.  Several of the old members moved on to other endeavors, but there were quite a few newer folks as well that may turn up at the car show next weekend.  That might be a chance to hit some of them up for the idea of drives and get-togethers.

gr8kornholio

Despite the constant gale force winds, the show was good.  Met a couple more classic owners in the area and saw some interesting cars.  O, and took 1st Place in the Mini/Micro car category.   71.gif

BruceK

Congrats Mark on 1st place!

The constant 30+ mph wind coming off the lake and hitting the car show - especially worse on the hill where the Minis were parked - was incredible. 
1988 Austin Mini
2002 MINI Cooper S

MiniDave

Without pics..........didn't happen.

;D ;D ;D ;D

1989 Cooper Racing Green
2009 Clubman S
2014 Audi Allroad

MiniDave

"One downer is there aren't exactly a lot of "good roads" around here."

Nor here in Kansas, land of the grid.

But if we drive about 2 - 3 hours, we can find plenty of twisties and hills to keep us entertained!

Our A series run got postponed till June 3

Oh, and congrats on the win Mark!

1989 Cooper Racing Green
2009 Clubman S
2014 Audi Allroad

BruceK

Quote from: MiniDave on April 30, 2017, 05:17:12 PM
Without pics..........didn't happen.

;D ;D ;D ;D
Says the guy who hasn't posted Don's drone photos or his videos of the Hill County Mini adventure!

:-[
1988 Austin Mini
2002 MINI Cooper S

BruceK

Sorry, I hardly took any photos yesterday, and the ones I took are not very good.

The one of the Minis was at breakfast on the way to show.   

I thought the Vista Cruiser wagon pulling the Bugeye was a very cool tow vehicle!  (the trailer might have been a bit bigger than necessary)
1988 Austin Mini
2002 MINI Cooper S

gr8kornholio

Here's your picture of the ribbon Dave.  ;D

Wings

OK Mark.. fess up. Where do I pick up Matchbox's goodies.  9.gif

Paul

gr8kornholio

Check your metroplexmini messages.  Not sure who you contact though.