Anyone in the market for a M1?

Started by Jims5543, February 14, 2017, 06:33:01 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Jims5543

My friend Kevin who is always on the hunt for a another investment flip car sent me this. Interesting story to say the least.

https://atlanta.craigslist.org/atl/cto/6001375430.html

QuoteBought this piece of history 3 years ago in this container

Niki Lauda BMW M1. Henna Red with 17k km. This is a very rare car with only around 400 built. The car was given to Niki Lauda after his 79 procar championship season. He was raising money for his airline and sold it to the person we bought it from. He shipped it over from Europe and never took it out of the shipping container. We bought it container and all.

All offers accepted in person. If absentee with accompanying verification of funds.

Life should not be a journey to the grave with the intention of arriving safely in a pretty and well preserved body, but rather to skid in broadside in a cloud of smoke, thoroughly used up, totally worn out, and loudly proclaiming "Wow! What a Ride! -Hunter S. Thompson

Willie_B

Always liked the M1. Don't have deep enough pockets though.

gr8kornholio

So does storied M1 = 1M? as in $?  Would love some better pictures.  Pull it out and clean it up a little, then post lots and lots of pics.  Should link the ad to BAT.
I am the GR8KORNHOLIO! Are you threatening me?

Saussie Aussie 1965 Australian MK1 Mini.
"Beavis" - 07 MY/MY MCS, B/MY Konig Daylites, JCW sideskirts, TSW springs, TSW lower rear control arms -- Exploring the country with new friends since 11/09.

Jims5543

Yes, it stinks to high heaven, yet, my morbid curiosity has me wondering if its legit?

The fact that the seller wants to meet in person makes it seem plausible.  That could also be a ploy to get someone who is anxious to send a deposit sight unseen.

Kevin was rope a doping a scammer who had a E30 M3 with a S52 swap for sale for 11K.  He was seeing how far this cat would go, even spoke on the phone with him, he claimed the car as in Bosnia and would have to be shipped back due to problems with importing it and registering it. Hence the cheap sale.

Kev played along just enough to get a real feel if it was a scam or a real steal.

Life should not be a journey to the grave with the intention of arriving safely in a pretty and well preserved body, but rather to skid in broadside in a cloud of smoke, thoroughly used up, totally worn out, and loudly proclaiming "Wow! What a Ride! -Hunter S. Thompson