Author Topic: My 65 Australian MKI  (Read 11201 times)

Offline MPlayle

Re: My 65 Australian MKI
« Reply #175 on: January 09, 2018, 07:14:46 PM »
The folks at 7Ent have accommodated different shipping for me in the past.  You usually have to ask as their website quotes UPS only. 

Offline BruceK

« Reply #176 on: January 09, 2018, 07:15:05 PM »
Thanks Dave and I got all excited cause I still have my prize certificate.  Then I found it and it expired Dec 31st. 

The reason NOT to order from 7ent.  22.95 for the cable 14.50 for shipping.  SERIOUSLY it's 1 lb if that cable.

Guess I'll call and see what, if anything they can do.  Not getting my hopes up.

Seven is more than doubling the UK retail price of that choke cable (MiniSpare sells it for 7 = $9.50) AND they overcharge for shipping too?!

Companies really should wise up on crazy shipping charges.   Millions of shoppers are getting VERY used to the Amazon model with 'free' or low cost shipping combined with getting their order in 2 days or less.  That trend is spreading quickly for other online retailers and the old days of having a shipping dept as an additional profit center just can't be sustained.

1988 Austin Mini
2002 MINI Cooper S
2007 Triumph Bonneville

Offline gr8kornholio

« Reply #177 on: January 10, 2018, 05:45:53 PM »
I called them up and they honored the certificate.  Of course he wan't to know why that cable cause it was going to be too long for the mini.  Will be nice to have it on the toyota. 
I am the GR8KORNHOLIO! Are you threatening me?

Saussie Aussie 1965 Australian MK1 Mini.
"Beavis" - 07 MY/MY MCS, B/MY Konig Daylites, JCW sideskirts, TSW springs, TSW lower rear control arms -- Exploring the country with new friends since 11/09.