Trying to source quarter pop out windows for Mk3

Started by thebluepotato, February 07, 2017, 04:46:33 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

thebluepotato

Anyone have any spares - looking for a Mk3 (or Mk4, assuming they are exactly the same) RHD rear quarter window.  Or will consider both sides.

My lower bracket rusted through and broke off and now sure if I can even repair this one...but maybe.  Open to suggestions if anyone else has had this happen.  See attached pic for my headache for the week.

stan360

I had purchased a couple extra MK3+ frames on ebay UK last year to piece and part in order to make 2 good ones for my car. The seller took the glass out and mailed me the frames over seas and it was still pricey due to the box size.  I do have the extra bracket  part you would need ( It has surface rust  mainly on the interior side though it is not broken) but you could clean it and rivet that bracket to your frame and save you some $ .....  message me if you want the bracket and I can send it to you.

John Gervais

I got tired of those hinge brackets breaking and installed a pair of non-opening windows instead.  Haven't had a problem since!
- Pave the Bay -

thebluepotato

Quote from: stan360 on February 07, 2017, 09:18:18 AM
I had purchased a couple extra MK3+ frames on ebay UK last year to piece and part in order to make 2 good ones for my car. The seller took the glass out and mailed me the frames over seas and it was still pricey due to the box size.  I do have the extra bracket  part you would need ( It has surface rust  mainly on the interior side though it is not broken) but you could clean it and rivet that bracket to your frame and save you some $ .....  message me if you want the bracket and I can send it to you.

Stan - sent you direct message :)