Some forum problems

Started by 94touring, January 14, 2017, 10:47:53 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

94touring

I will be doing some updates tonight and trying to solve some glitches related to email notifications.  Seems anything email related isn't currently working.  So if anyone has used the contact page recently or signs up for email notifications, neither are currently working.

BruceK

Thanks for keeping everything running smoothly. 

On a separate note, I've never been able to use any of the text functions such as bold or italic or underline.  I can manually enter the codes for them and it will change the text, but I can't just highlight text and click the buttons. 

Oh, and I can't click on any of the emoticons either.    Do I have some setting wrong?
1988 Austin Mini
2002 MINI Cooper S
1992 Toyota LiteAce (JDM)
1997 Jeep Wrangler Sahara

94touring

You probably have something wrong on your end  :(

94touring

Fyi you don't highlight text and click the buttons.  Click the button and type between the code it applies.

MiniDave

For me they only work in IE, in Edge none of them worked......
Complete failure at retirement

1989 Cooper Racing Green
2009 Clubman S
2014 Audi Allroad

MPlayle

They all seem to work fine for me in FireFox on a Mac.

Even the highlight, then click bold or italic or underline work (like Bruce was trying).  8.gif  It inserts the code tags before and after the highlighted text.  selecting the "preview" button confirms they will display as desired.   :-[

Clicking on the emoticons inserts either the associated 'gif' or code equivalent.  Again, the "Preview" replaces the codes with the desired emoticons.

19.gif

John Gervais

I haven't noticed any problems with Chrome -   62.gif
- Pave the Bay -

94touring

I have the contact page working again.  Not having any luck with notifications yet.

MiniDave

I was having problems earlier, pages that wouldn't load and so on, but just about the time you posted that you were working on it, it seems like it cleared up and has been working fine ever since. Could have been on my end due to the ice storms we're having tho......

1989 Cooper Racing Green
2009 Clubman S
2014 Audi Allroad

94touring

Could have been while I ran updates.  Just received a post notification.  Can you pm me Dave to see if those will get email notifications now?

MiniDave

1989 Cooper Racing Green
2009 Clubman S
2014 Audi Allroad

94touring

I believe all is well in the world again  4.gif.  I ended up converting notifications and the email system from php to smtp.  I'm hopeful this also cures the occasional new registration that doesn't always send the activation email..which I suppose I should try testing next.

MPlayle

The general notices seems to work - just got one about the fixes.

94touring

A couple members emailed today with problems and I'm always like son of a!  50.gif I never get why things run flawlessly for ages then suddenly a mysterious problem arises and I get to turn into an intrawebs guru, which I am not.

BruceK

Quote from: MiniDave on January 14, 2017, 01:03:43 PM
For me they only work in IE, in Edge none of them worked......
Yeah, I use Edge, so that explains it for me. 
1988 Austin Mini
2002 MINI Cooper S

94touring

Discovered a new problem...I'm only allowed 250 emails a day.  I sent out a newsletter to all members and used up the quota.  Anyone not receive a newsletter in your inbox?

BruceK

Quote from: 94touring on January 14, 2017, 07:26:17 PM
Anyone not receive a newsletter in your inbox?
I did not get an email.
1988 Austin Mini
2002 MINI Cooper S

MPlayle

The quota limit would explain the missing emails for PMs today after the "Newsletter" email went out.

By the way, I did get the newsletter email.

94touring

Quote from: BruceK on January 14, 2017, 07:47:52 PM
Quote from: 94touring on January 14, 2017, 07:26:17 PM
Anyone not receive a newsletter in your inbox?
I did not get an email.

Yeah you probably just didn't make the cut lol.  We have about 500 members registered.

MiniDave

1989 Cooper Racing Green
2009 Clubman S
2014 Audi Allroad

John Gervais

- Pave the Bay -

94touring

Will be curious to see if they go through tonight when the 24 hours is up and my email limit is reset.

94touring

It would appear that once the email quota for the day is reached, any extras simply vanish.  Not that we'd use 250 per day but newsletters aren't really an option unless I pay for more service or break it into groups a day at a time.

John Gervais

If it's not a private or personal newsletter, is there a chance you could post the newsletter as a thread?
- Pave the Bay -

94touring