Christmas I did not spend at home.

Started by towjoe, December 28, 2016, 09:54:41 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Jims5543

Thanks for the update Joe. Hopefully these setbacks are temporary and can be reversed through treatment.

Think about you often sir, keep up the good fight.  We are rootin for ya!!
Life should not be a journey to the grave with the intention of arriving safely in a pretty and well preserved body, but rather to skid in broadside in a cloud of smoke, thoroughly used up, totally worn out, and loudly proclaiming "Wow! What a Ride! -Hunter S. Thompson

94touring

Thinking about you buddy.  Keep on fighting.

BruceK

Joe, I am thinking of you often and I wish you the best. 
1988 Austin Mini
2002 MINI Cooper S
1992 Toyota LiteAce (JDM)
1997 Jeep Wrangler Sahara

towjoe

oe Schott <towjoe.js@gmail.com>
4:04 PM (4 minutes ago)

to Big, Bill, Terri, Bob, Bob, Cal, Cindy, DavidOldman, Dick, Dr, Dr, Dr, Eric, Chris, Ben, Gar, Steve, Mike, Hamish, Julie, Jan, Jennifer, Jodie, John, Keith
Well, we are back from NIH in Bethesda. Joe had his testing done on Wednesday, and then they had conference about his case on Thursday. Per his neuro oncologist and radiation oncologist who met with us, 20 medical personnel were in on the conference. It was decided that he would not be a good candidate for a clinical trial. they said, the patient always comes first and quality of life. as Joe still feels well, is able to eat and has no pain, why expose him to a larger than standard dose of chemotherapy and an experimental drug they dont even know would work. Also his white count was low and any chemotherapy would lower it even more. they felt that he would do better having a maintenance dose of his previous chemotherapy, and as  he only has partial vision left in his left eye, see if a short lower dose of proton therapy might save his eyesight in his left eye. they also noticed a small decrease instrength in his right lower extremity and right arm from last exam.So we are back home, really enjoyed the cooler sunny weather in Maryland. we will follow up with his local doctor next week for further treatment in Orlando, The NIH staff could not have been nice, more professional or more caring. It is quite a place. we will keep you up to date.

BruceK

Thank you for sharing this update.  Joe remains in my thoughts.  Wishing him the best.
1988 Austin Mini
2002 MINI Cooper S
1992 Toyota LiteAce (JDM)
1997 Jeep Wrangler Sahara

94touring