Christmas I did not spend at home.

Started by towjoe, December 28, 2016, 09:54:41 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

towjoe

On 12/17 I went to Lowe's with my middle daughter. We were picking up wood to build a bench.
I tried to open my 2005 Frontier with my credit card. I went down and got in the passenger side .
My daughter called my wife (retired Cardiac Nurse) she said call ambulance and have them take you to Orlando Health! I had a seizure at the ambulance and again at the Emergency room . That was Saturday.
On Monday they did MRI and found a Tumor (4 glioblastoma)  not good. Tuesday 7 1/2 hour operation. The surgeon and the radiologist confirmed they got all of the tumor.
On 1/19/2017 U.F. tumor board will meet and decide best treatment. Some sort of chemo,and radiation.

So on Tuesday the 12/27/2016 I came home with 30 of free pills from the hospital.
Today we had dinner at home with my Two daughters, husbands and four granddaughters.

I will not be able to drive for six months, but I'll be going through chemo and radiation.
Should be interesting.
I'll keep you all apprised. I've never had a pain and I'm not about to give up.

I'm blessed and very lucky to have my wife of ten years.
Regards
towjoe 77.gif

94touring

Holy smokes glad you're stable and in good spirits.  Not a fun way to spend the holidays.  Keep us posted on your condition and hope you continue to get better. 

Jims5543

Same as Dan, Holy smokes! 

Sounds like it came out of no where.

I am about 90 miles from you, if you need any car related help let me know, I will be happy to shoot up on a weekend and help out, it sounds like you have a wonderful family and great support.

QuoteI tried to open my 2005 Frontier with my credit card. I went down and got in the passenger side .

I read this three times thinking type o then realized you actually tried to open you truck up with a credit card.  Then it hit me.

Pleased to read it was operable and out of you. Did the biopsy turn up cancer? I am assuming so since they are going forward with chemo.
Life should not be a journey to the grave with the intention of arriving safely in a pretty and well preserved body, but rather to skid in broadside in a cloud of smoke, thoroughly used up, totally worn out, and loudly proclaiming "Wow! What a Ride! -Hunter S. Thompson

stan360

Best wishes to you on a speedy recovery.  Hang in there towjoe !  It is good that your family is close by and you were still able to get togehter.

Dmulder

My family will keep you in our prayers. Get better quickly.
"In like a lamb, Out like a lion."

John Gervais

Wow!  I was also thinking that a key would have probably worked better than the credit card, but then I read further and realized that you weren't yourself at the time.  Such a shock!

Hyacinth and I also hope that you recover well, and we're really glad to hear that you've got a capable and caring family. 

Hopefully the treatment won't be too debilitating and that you'll be ready for Summertime motoring.  Stay strong!
- Pave the Bay -

MiniDave

Joe, the good news is that you got immediate and good care, here's to a speedy and thorough recovery. See you on the roads in 6 months! 4.gif
Complete failure at retirement

1989 Cooper Racing Green
2009 Clubman S
2014 Audi Allroad

towjoe

I was kind of planning on seeing everyone in March. Not to happen this year.
But will try after 6 months. Hoping to make it to MME in Ohio.
Happy New Year
Regards
towjoe 77.gif

MtyMous

Damn. I'm glad your daughter and wife responded quickly and correctly. Even more glad you're ok and the operation went well. 6 months will go by quickly. Take care of yourself and enjoy your time with family.

MiniGene

Yikes!!  Glad your on the path to recovery!  Be sure to take it easy and give your body the rest it needs.

BruceK

Wow.  Glad to hear you received good care and are on the mend.  I wish you the best and a speedy recovery!
1988 Austin Mini
2002 MINI Cooper S
1992 Toyota LiteAce (JDM)
1997 Jeep Wrangler Sahara

towjoe

I forgot to tell everyone that my wife is a retired Cardiac nurse. In addition , she was a Case Manager ,handling; oncology, transplants, cardiology and pulmonary, cases for Orlando Health Insurance for.
I am so blessed.
Regards
towjoe 77.gif

Jimini II

It was great to visit with you and Karen today Joe and to see you are doing so well considering what you have been through. If you need any help just call you have my number and best wishes for a speedy recovery.

towjoe

On the 25th of January I went to the UF Cancer Center.
I was fitted for a helmet  to direct the radiation more accurately.
This is for Proton Therapy.
Potential advantages to proton therapy for cancer patients who are candidates for radiation therapy include:
Typically less side effects than conventional radiation treatment
Allows for safer treatment of tumors located close to critical organs and highly sensitive areas, such as the spinal cord, retina, optic nerves, heart, and brain.
Results in decreased risk of radiation-induced cancer as protons deposit less dose to surrounding normal tissue.
A potential treatment option for cancers that cannot be completely removed by surgery
That's pretty much where I am today . I will get my schedule within 10-14 days.

I'll keep you posted.
Regards
towjoe 77.gif

MiniDave

We're pulling for you Joe! Get better soon.....  4.gif
Complete failure at retirement

1989 Cooper Racing Green
2009 Clubman S
2014 Audi Allroad

John Gervais

Quote from: MiniDave on January 26, 2017, 03:58:56 PM
We're pulling for you Joe! Get better soon.....  4.gif

Same here, Dave's got it in a nutshell. 

The helmet sounds like really a good idea, let's hope it's narrower targeting scope doesn't diminish the full-on carpet-bomb effect of traditional radiation treatment and that you're out and about in short time.
- Pave the Bay -

94touring

towjoe

So far I feel just great. On Monday I'll start radiation, about 12 minutes a day,5 days a week for 6 weeks.
They are holding up Chemotherapy because I have an infection on my right hip. Once it clears I will start
Chemo.
Regards
Joe   77.gif

Jims5543

Quote from: 94touring on January 26, 2017, 05:38:56 PM
Looks like something I would post, I had to double take to make sure it was not me.

Joe, good to see things moving along, bummer about the hip, keep your chin up, easier to hit that way.   ;D
Life should not be a journey to the grave with the intention of arriving safely in a pretty and well preserved body, but rather to skid in broadside in a cloud of smoke, thoroughly used up, totally worn out, and loudly proclaiming "Wow! What a Ride! -Hunter S. Thompson

BruceK

Quote from: towjoe on February 14, 2017, 05:55:43 PM
So far I feel just great. On Monday I'll start radiation, about 12 minutes a day,5 days a week for 6 weeks.
They are holding up Chemotherapy because I have an infection on my right hip. Once it clears I will start
Chemo.
Hope your infection clears up quickly!
1988 Austin Mini
2002 MINI Cooper S

towjoe

The infection has cleared up.
I started radiation 3 days ago.
My chemo started on 2/24/2017  and will continue for 42 continuous days.
My radiation will continue 5 days a week for 6 weeks.
After all is done, I'll have MRI to see how I am doing.
This is where I am today.
Regards
Joe

BruceK

Wishing you all the best as you tackle this.
1988 Austin Mini
2002 MINI Cooper S

towjoe

towjoe

Hello Everyone,
Today I will be through 1/2 of my Chemo and Radiation.
I'm still in good health and feel fine. I have lost a little hair where the Radiation pin points the place the Dr has programmed.
I'll keep you posted .
Regards
Semper Fi
Joe 77.gif

gr8kornholio

Glad to hear your doing well with the treatment.  Continued thoughts and prayers for the second half of your battle.
I am the GR8KORNHOLIO! Are you threatening me?

Saussie Aussie 1965 Australian MK1 Mini.
"Beavis" - 07 MY/MY MCS, B/MY Konig Daylites, JCW sideskirts, TSW springs, TSW lower rear control arms -- Exploring the country with new friends since 11/09.