MiniLites for sale

Started by MPlayle, December 28, 2016, 04:00:59 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

MPlayle

For Sale: Set of 4 MiniLite wheels with sleeved lug nuts - no center caps.

I am going to a different style on the Moke project, so these are now available.  They have all appearances of being a genuine set of earlier MiniLites - no markings could be found.  They seem to be 4.5" x 10" and are in very good condition.  Previous owner of the Moke had the faces painted a silver/grey.  The have the correct sleeved lug nuts (full set of 16).

Asking $160.00 USD (buyer pays shipping costs from 78232).

Dmulder

Very interested. Do you know the inner dimentions?  Wondering if they will fit over my breaks. I am going to see if the wife will give me permission to buy them.
"In like a lamb, Out like a lion."

MPlayle

One of the planned upgrades to the Moke is a change to 7.5" front disk brakes.

I checked all of the rims to be sure they fit over the assembled disk brake hubs and calipers that I have for installing on the Moke.  I did so by setting a fully assembled hub into each rim, snugging up the lug nuts finger tight and spinning the hub to check clearance.  None had any rubbing or clearance issues.

Dmulder

Sweet. I will talk to the wife on Friday. Hope she says yes. Just have to get her permission

MPlayle

Did your wife give permission?

Willie_B

I am interested if he passes and they are still for sale.

MPlayle

Willie_B,

I'll keep you updated if/when I hear further.

Cheers,
Michael Playle

Dmulder

Wife did give permission but I think I will have to pass. Please let Willie B know. Thanks.

MPlayle

Dmulder,

Thanks for letting me know.  Sorry you have to pass on them.

Willie_B,

It looks like they are yours.  If you are still planning on coming down to the "Spring Drive", I can hold them for you to take back at that time and let you save the shipping costs?

Willie_B

Still planing to attend, I was thinking the same thing about picking them up then.

velopackrat

Willie, Michael,

If Willie's plans change, I call dibs on them:)  I'm in Fort Worth and can arrange collection.  BTW, are they offset for drum brakes or Cooper S brakes?

Regards,

Chris

MPlayle

Chris,

As noted in another post above, I verified they clear the 7.5" Cooper-S disk brakes.  The Moke currently has drums all around, so they will work for either type of brakes.

I'll keep you as 'next in line' for them behind Willie_B.

Cheers,
Michael Playle

Armycook

94touring

I saw WillyB hauling them away last week.

MPlayle

Sorry, too much going on and I forgot to update the posting.  Posting title updated now.

Yes, Willie_B bought them and picked them up at the Spring Drive.