1966 AUSTIN

Started by Gutcheck, November 21, 2016, 02:45:32 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Gutcheck

Well it has begun, deconstruct the little cuss. Great advice from Minidave regarding this site. Had a good laugh, the plastic around speedo was broken, like everything else but it showed 27 miles.

94touring

Welcome to the madness.  Hope to see some pictures soon.

Gutcheck

Thank you very much for the welcome. I'll post pictures as I go, may be slow don't have as much time as I would like. But it is fun.

MiniDave

Hey Gutcheck, glad to see you joined the forum! Like I said Dan's (94 Touring) the man when it comes to putting the sheet metal together.

Gutcheck is looking at replacing the floors and boot floor, as well as toe board.....you know there's more coming!
Complete failure at retirement

1989 Cooper Racing Green
2009 Clubman S
2014 Audi Allroad

jeff10049

Welcome,
Great project can't wait to see it.

MiniDave

Here's a teaser he sent me.....

1989 Cooper Racing Green
2009 Clubman S
2014 Audi Allroad

BruceK

1988 Austin Mini
2002 MINI Cooper S
1992 Toyota LiteAce (JDM)
1997 Jeep Wrangler Sahara

94touring

Should send it down for a wet blasting!

Gutcheck

Here is the boot floor. You can see that it is pushed up in front of seat back. My son took a mallet to it and it took shape but caused a few small splits. Guess it is beyond POR, any thoughts.

94touring

Hard to see splits in the photo.  Possibly just needs welded along any stress fractures.

Gutcheck

This car has a Smith blower in engine bay. Seems unusual wondering if anyone is familiar with this./Users/brantneer/Desktop/20161010_183530 copy.jpg

Gutcheck

Well that didn't go well. Try again.

MiniDave

Fresh air/ aux heater fan......

We have another member here who was going to simply refresh his Mini - see how far down the rabbit hole he fell!   :D

http://www.restorationmini.com/forum/index.php?topic=813.0

Of course, the end result will be worth it, his car is turning out beautifully!

1989 Cooper Racing Green
2009 Clubman S
2014 Audi Allroad