66 cooper S full restoration

Started by 94touring, November 05, 2016, 07:15:00 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

94touring

94touring

Fiddling with engine bay items to make sure the webbers clear.  Also have fully functioning brakes now.

Vikram

94touring

New harness came in, which allowed me to run the rear harness and get glass and some interior done.  Have some wiring to run for a gps he wants, then the headliner goes in.

gr8kornholio

Nice, I see a packaged panel leaning against a mk1 mini.  Guessing mine?
I am the GR8KORNHOLIO! Are you threatening me?

Saussie Aussie 1965 Australian MK1 Mini.
"Beavis" - 07 MY/MY MCS, B/MY Konig Daylites, JCW sideskirts, TSW springs, TSW lower rear control arms -- Exploring the country with new friends since 11/09.

94touring

Nah, door cards, but yes your car.  Your x member and pan were test fitted and in the car ready to be welded up.

94touring

MiniDave

One step closer, I got the alternator, starter, ignition switch, fuse box and a few other bits wired up now, and it cranks over with the ignition switch! We just bumped it a couple times cause it has no oil in it, and Dan needs to install the oil cooler and lines and put oil in it before cranking it any more. Next step, oil then gas and button up the intake and exhaust manifolds, then crank up oil pressure and see if it will make some noise! 
Complete failure at retirement

1989 Cooper Racing Green
2009 Clubman S
2014 Audi Allroad

94touring

So busy with my car hadn't had time to post here yet.  Dave was a God send getting this harness sorted.  I can continue on and actually get it running now!  He probably saved me a week or more of being pissed at a harness had I kept trying myself.

94touring

It's alive! Hadn't run in 32 years!

MiniDave

Man,  that sounds good....he's got to be thrilled to see and hear it run, now he's going to be on you to get it on the road, at least by spring time!

1989 Cooper Racing Green
2009 Clubman S
2014 Audi Allroad

94touring

We have doors on, more importantly, they match!

MiniDave

Slick! Lets see, all you have left to do is the bonnet, front end and deck lid, cut and polish everything and finish putting it together, then tune a bit and she's out the door. Be done later this week, right?   :D

1989 Cooper Racing Green
2009 Clubman S
2014 Audi Allroad

94touring

The spring bbq is just my way of getting people here to finish the car.

MiniDave

Hey great idea, I know we'd all pitch in......  77.gif

1989 Cooper Racing Green
2009 Clubman S
2014 Audi Allroad

gr8kornholio

Sounds like a plan. It'll give me practice for mine.  Be looking like an episode of overhaulin.
I am the GR8KORNHOLIO! Are you threatening me?

Saussie Aussie 1965 Australian MK1 Mini.
"Beavis" - 07 MY/MY MCS, B/MY Konig Daylites, JCW sideskirts, TSW springs, TSW lower rear control arms -- Exploring the country with new friends since 11/09.

Vikram

Looks good! I love the flip front, makes me jealous....

MiniDave

Having seen this car up close and personal (when I did some wiring on it) it truly will be gorgeous when done, and a fitting tribute to all Dan's hard work!

1989 Cooper Racing Green
2009 Clubman S
2014 Audi Allroad

94touring

Quote from: MiniDave on January 03, 2019, 04:11:37 PM
Having seen this car up close and personal (when I did some wiring on it) it truly will be gorgeous when done, and a fitting tribute to all Dan's hard work!

And the last time I ever build a car ground up for someone lol.  Unless of course it's enough money for me to take a year off from flying.

94touring

My guy in the UK is putting together seat covers for me this week.  Owner wanted 2 tone grey to go along with the color scheme to his new bini.  I went with Dove and Saville which will be a nice subtle contrast.  Dove matches the door cards and carpet set.

MiniDave

How long will it take him to make and ship the covers?

1989 Cooper Racing Green
2009 Clubman S
2014 Audi Allroad

94touring

I'm guessing a few weeks with shipping times.  He has 2 sets to make for me this time.

MiniDave

1989 Cooper Racing Green
2009 Clubman S
2014 Audi Allroad

94touring

And my 74.  I tried a set of cobra buckets that 66 owner had collecting dust but getting in and out is no fun.  My current cream over black front seats don't match the car since the "mild refurb" so I have some all black covers being made.  The current seats are destined to the pickup. 

94touring

Seat covers came in.  Look fantastic as expected.  This is the 5th or 6th set I've had this guy make.  Will get them on maybe toward the end of the month.  Wedding week and mini vacation.  Plus I couldn't be more burnt out on working right now.