Wanted: Front end parts

Started by DS1980, October 27, 2016, 02:17:15 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

DS1980

Hello,
I will be pulling the engine this winter for a rebuild and some rust removal in the engine bay of a 1972. If anyone has any new front suspension, subframe or steering parts collecting dust let me know!
Thanks.
Darin

MiniDave

What are you looking for? I have some standard parts I took off my car that I will sell reasonably, I've sand blasted and painted them so they look as new.

I have lower control arms and tie bars for sure, I also have trumpets for both front and rear....if that's what you're after I'll send you pics.
Complete failure at retirement

1989 Cooper Racing Green
2009 Clubman S
2014 Audi Allroad

DS1980

Just looking to see what's available. While you have my engine I'm going to pull the subframe. Send me pics of what ya got.

MiniDave

The parts I have don't usually go "bad", they usually just need cleaning and painting......I put adjustable parts on my car that's why I have them as extras. About the only parts you really need are the repair parts: bushings, motor and frame mounts, upper control arm repair kits, wheel bearing kits or seals if the bearings are good, CV joint rubbers, steering rack gaiters and maybe tie rod ends, and ball joints.

You can get all that stuff pretty reasonably from the suppliers in England like Mini Spares, and the order will come in about 3 or 4 days time..... pretty painless!

1989 Cooper Racing Green
2009 Clubman S
2014 Audi Allroad

DS1980

I gotcha. I will be doing some repairs while you hopefully tear apart a very good 850. How's your schedule looking this winter?

MiniDave

I'll be able to accommodate you, no problem...

When you pull your front wheel bearings to clean and repack them, be sure to keep them organized and identified as in left outer, left inner etc. don't mix them up.

1989 Cooper Racing Green
2009 Clubman S
2014 Audi Allroad

DS1980

Thanks for that tip. I will add it to the notes. That sounds like something that would become immediately apparent upon driving. Those are what I'm hoping to avoid.