67 MK-II Moke

Started by MPlayle, October 02, 2016, 01:26:28 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

94touring

Glad that's all it was.  Wouldn't think sensor position would make such a big difference!

Willie_B

Super, another issue checked off.

MPlayle

Finally got a pleasant day (not raining) for getting the Moke out and taking the long overdue "finished" set of pictures.

I took a LOT of pictures to show off all aspects (as though presenting on BaT).  I have uploaded them to a new album on this site.  Since there are about 101 pictures in the set, here is a link instead of trying to post selections in this thread.

http://www.restorationmini.com/forum/index.php?action=media;sa=album;in=82

I had a friend along and we also did a "dry run" of flat towing it around the parking lot at the nearby Shriner Temple auditorium.  It towed very nicely with no fighting any low speed turns.

94touring

Looks really good  4.gif

BruceK

It turned out very nice!
1988 Austin Mini
2002 MINI Cooper S
1992 Toyota LiteAce (JDM)
1997 Jeep Wrangler Sahara

MiniDave

Cool, sounds like you're ready to head north in a couple of weeks! If you can, find out which needle and spring you're running in your carb so when we do the baseline run we'll know what we're working with.....
Complete failure at retirement

1989 Cooper Racing Green
2009 Clubman S
2014 Audi Allroad

MPlayle

I don't know what spring came in the new carb, but I do know the current needle.  I will also bring along the few spares I have.

MiniDave

Great, we'll have some choices if the dyno says we need to try something different....
Complete failure at retirement

1989 Cooper Racing Green
2009 Clubman S
2014 Audi Allroad

Vikram

Came out really nicely, big fan of the colour scheme!

MPlayle

On a side note: I finished the write-up document today.  It is 47 pages long and 50.1MB in size on disk.  Time to get some fresh ink cartridges and print a copy for in a binder at shows.