Mileage in the last 18 months

Started by Willie_B, September 05, 2016, 04:21:38 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Willie_B

Had to change the battery in the digital bicycle speedometer I use in the mini. Total mileage since the last change, 18 months ago, was 8664. Might be hard to top that next time. No long trips planned, for the moment at least.

MiniDave

We're planning a fall run in either southeastern Missouri or northeastern Arkansas.....come join us!
Complete failure at retirement

1989 Cooper Racing Green
2009 Clubman S
2014 Audi Allroad

jeff10049

Damn, I need to get on driving mine more I think I have like 300 miles since finished a year ago.

Dmulder

"In like a lamb, Out like a lion."

MiniDave

Probably start around Cuba Mo, then hoon around those roads - one of our regulars lives in Steelville so he knows all the cool roads around there. The only problem right now is trying to find a time that works for everyone.

Looking at either mid October or early Nov right now....... weather becomes an issue the later into the year we go, but doing it in the fall means no overheating - of either the cars or the drivers!.

I also still haven't found out if I have a class to teach this fall, I'll know that for sure by next Tuesday.

This was from our last trip in Eureka Springs, Arkansas - we did another one in the spring out of Harrison, Ar....

1989 Cooper Racing Green
2009 Clubman S
2014 Audi Allroad

Dmulder

I'm very interested in coming if it is in November. The entire month of October is out for me - hunting season. However when I get a deer this year I will be sure to snap a few pictures of it riding home on the mini   :-\

Also - next year is Mini on the Mack. It was primarily BINIs last time with about 6 or 7 minis and a few trucks. Would be awesome to have a larger group of classics. Then we could go run tunnel of trees afterwards on the Lake Michigan coastline along sleeping bear dunes.
"In like a lamb, Out like a lion."

MiniDave

So many events, so little time.....  ;D

Hunting season is first week of Nov in Mo, so that's an issue for a couple of our guys....see what I mean about finding a time that works for everyone? We'd love to have you come with us tho - these are very unstructured events, we just meet up somewhere, drop our stuff at a hotel and go cruising around till we get tired, stop for lunch then hit it again.

Invariably there's a mechanical failure or two to fix, but we all pitch in and off we go again. We've only had one terminal failure, one guy's engine blew a rod bearing - but it was using oil like crazy when he left his house to meet us - he should have known better than to try a 1,000 mile trip with a questionable engine. He had to add 2 qts of oil after only 200 miles!He's since got his motor fixed and is ready to join  in the fun again.

Would you tow your car down or drive it? That's a haul from up north there, and you could have weather. We've had snow as early as the first week of October, and we've had 75* temp over Thanksgiving - so who knows? We did have to cancel one Nov trip due to ice and snow in Arkansas.

1989 Cooper Racing Green
2009 Clubman S
2014 Audi Allroad

Willie_B

MiniDave. Sure sounds like fun but I will be going to mini57 in early October so not likely I could go on another outing so soon afterwards.

gasmini

Quote from: MiniDave on September 07, 2016, 10:07:24 AM
So many events, so little time.....  ;D

We've only had one terminal failure, one guy's engine blew a rod bearing - but it was using oil like crazy when he left his house to meet us - he should have known better than to try a 1,000 mile trip with a questionable engine. He had to add 2 qts of oil after only 200 miles!He's since got his motor fixed and is ready to join  in the fun again.

Hey I know that guy. :-[ It does sound good if the timing is right and I do have a backup plan just in case.
I'm doing my drive at Mini in the Ozarks again this year. I was thinking of driving the pickup on that one just to make all of the big Minis follow me.
Let me know if and when it is and I'll see if I can make it.

MiniDave

Cool Galen, I didn't remember if you were on this forum or not....if we can't get a date that will work for everyone we may put it off till spring, late March or early April.

How's the new engine running now? You got a 1275, right? So you should be able to cruise right along now..... 4.gif

1989 Cooper Racing Green
2009 Clubman S
2014 Audi Allroad

gasmini

New engine is running great. Just last Saturday I went to a car show about two hours away and it ran better than it ever has.