#%^& Confounded headlight wiring

Started by Hayman9644, July 17, 2009, 07:57:30 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Hayman9644

I replaced the axle seals fixed the oil filter can leak.  Set it on the ground.  Installed two driving lights.  Went out for an aiming session and the blinkers wouldnt work. Got those fixed.  This was all about two weeks ago.  Now I am back from vacation and had a little time to work on the car and was planning on driving it into work in the morning.  So I took it out for one last check of the driving lights and the @#$#@% headlights dont work now.  I swear if the british could of made something with decent and I mean just DECENT wiring these cars would be trouble free.  Except for the other oil leaks O yeh and the rust and the terrible braking and the....... Got to love em.

94touring

I noticed your connections being kinda on and off when you were just touching them.  Probably a good time to clean them up good or replace them with new male and female ends.   

Hayman9644

Yeh I think I will do that this weekend.  I was hoping to work more on the interior.  Hopefully it wont take to long or I get agrivated and just start rewiring the whole front light wiring.

Hayman9644

Shes working now I had a majorly corroded power wire behind the grille guess I missed that the last time I worked on the headlights.

94touring