The reason HOA's exist crazy neighbor.

Started by jeff10049, July 30, 2016, 11:59:52 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

jeff10049

A good laugh if nothing else.
I live on acreage out of town love it, swore we would never be in a HOA again when we moved here and we wont but.
I only have two Neighbors that I can see and one of them makes me understand how HOA's get started, not that I would want one but the guy is nuts I hope he moves away.

So a cell tower is getting put in some where down the road. I went to the meetings about it and we won't even be able to see it. Its about a mile away from the closest house and will look like a tree if you do happen to see part of it.

But we all had the chance to voice our concerns or even say no, guess he missed all that like a year ago.

So now at the end of the road is a sign complaining about it how it devalues property :D
Just wait until you see his property the only thing in 3 miles of us that devalues property is his place, it's a total shit hole I wish their was a way I could make him clean it up.

His sign also mentions Tony our county commissioner a stand up guy.

Look at this mess I have no idea what all the tarps, ez up shelters, carpet on the ground, semi truck, junk cars, or umbrellas is all about.

jeff10049

Other neighbor , my side of shit neighbors fence and my front yard our places are nice.

MPlayle

Looks like several barrels of "unknown" contents, perhaps "hazardous wastes" to be investigated?

"Non-permitted" dump?

MtyMous

There would definitely be a few phone calls for inspectors on that one.

jeff10049

Maybe I should call the DEQ I have called the city they made him stop his endless yard sales , no one ever bought a thing anyway. But said there is no code in place to make him clean up his junk. Maybe the DEQ could do something I think the carpet is over his drain field that can't be good. But I don't know how you could ever get him to get rid of the rest of that crap I don't think it's breaking any laws...

(edit) Just did some research I guess because of the fact that it devalues my home and the other neighbor who may try and sell we could actually take it to court. I'll have to make some calls tomorrow it's really getting out of hand over there. I don't expect perfect that's why we live out away from people but that mess is painful to look at every time I drive by.

Jims5543

Just by the looks of the guys property and the writing on his sign he does not appear to be a very stable person.

We have one of those tree cel phone towers near my office, I will snap a pic, you have to really look for it to realize it is a cel phone tower.

Yup, he is the reason there are HOA's.

Life should not be a journey to the grave with the intention of arriving safely in a pretty and well preserved body, but rather to skid in broadside in a cloud of smoke, thoroughly used up, totally worn out, and loudly proclaiming "Wow! What a Ride! -Hunter S. Thompson

jeff10049

Yea he's not stable at all.
About two years ago he stopped me in the road to say that a dog we had a rottweiler rescue dog old with health issues, it was a very nice friendly dog.

Had busted through the fence the day before, he was afraid of it, it growled at him, he made a big deal about it.

He didn't have much to say when I told him the dog was put down two months ago, for hip problems and cancer and i'd be happy to show him the vet bill.

Why a person would even make that shit up is beyond me.

Jims5543

Quote from: jeff10049 on August 03, 2016, 09:51:06 PM
Yea he's not stable at all.
About two years ago he stopped me in the road to say that a dog we had a rottweiler rescue dog old with health issues, it was a very nice friendly dog.

Had busted through the fence the day before, he was afraid of it, it growled at him, he made a big deal about it.

He didn't have much to say when I told him the dog was put down two months ago, for hip problems and cancer and i'd be happy to show him the vet bill.

Why a person would even make that shit up is beyond me.

He sounds like a real asshole.

Correct me if I am wrong, you cannot randomly shoot these type of people, there these laws and things that stop that, right?

Damn laws.
Life should not be a journey to the grave with the intention of arriving safely in a pretty and well preserved body, but rather to skid in broadside in a cloud of smoke, thoroughly used up, totally worn out, and loudly proclaiming "Wow! What a Ride! -Hunter S. Thompson

Jims5543

MPlayle

That is one of the best executed tower/tree units I've seen.  There were several along I-25 between Denver and Colorado Springs and none that looked that good.

jeff10049

yea that cel tower's pretty good few around here that you have to look for also.
And sadly yes Jim you're right about those damn laws.
Another good story he had was that the sheriff had his henchmen switch out  the brake fluid in his truck for something different so he would crash and die, because he knows stuff ::)

Jims5543

Yeah stoopid laws.

The brake fluid thing has me rolling. He sounds certifiable.

Mike, that side road is the entrance to one of those snooty high end neighborhoods with lawyers doctors etc. in it, I am pretty sure they went ape shit when they were told there was going to be a tower at their entrance. I am pretty sure this was a no expense spared installation.

I somehow missed the install, then one day my eye jumped over there and thought, I do not remember such a tall tree being there, then realized what it was.  I drive past this spot every day at least 2 times a day and have for 17 years.

MtyMous

Jims5543

jeff10049

"The brake fluid thing has me rolling. He sounds certifiable. "

Oh it gets better he got arrested for stealing news  papers because they printed something he didn't like. He was driving around behind the delivery guy picking them up I was told.

Then the other neighbor was accused of killing his cat that he found dead and dried up under a junk car in his own yard, that cat had just went under and died thats all. But his story is the neighbor killed it and put it under the car, then threatened him with a gun when he confronted him about it.

The best one recently was he bought a headlight bulb for a used car he got, he then sold the car but before delivering it switched the bad headlight back in and went down to the parts store to return the good now used headlight got mad that they didn't want to take it back I heard all this from the counter guys at the store.  All because the buyer didn't give him his asking price.

Everywhere you go in town if he dose business with them they have stories, Bi Mart actually had a store meeting about him and not to let him scam them on returns or beat them up on pricing.

Wait a minute the very best one almost forgot.
He called the cops on us because a friend down the street borrowed my riding mower and he saw him drive it back to my house and called it in because it's not street legal he called also it a atv racing down the road. The cop got their asked about a atv my friend said I bought the mower back cop laughed said he didn't care.
I was working on the classic mini we started talking cars. Neighbor is pacing back and forth other side of the fence fuming mad. Calls demands to talk to the cops superior who then calls the cop laughing so hard he can't hardly talk and says the neighbor called to complain that the officer is spending to much time at my house and that is giving us the chance to say bad things about him. :D best part is we never said a thing about him until that sparked a short conversation.

Jims5543

2 ways you could play this:

One, get the fuck out of there:

Two, dream up ways to make him completely mental and think (more than he already does) that the world is coming for him.

I am a little drunk, but immediate thought, buy a bunch of dildo's and launch them onto his property when he is not home.  Maybe some butt plugs too.

Buy a goat or sheep and put it behind his fence, again, when he is not there.

Give me time I can come up with more.

MiniDave

No, do not do this...............

Leave him alone - he hasn't cost you anything yet, if he does get the cops involved....
Complete failure at retirement

1989 Cooper Racing Green
2009 Clubman S
2014 Audi Allroad

94touring

jeff10049

LOL JIM,
He really don't bother me much mostly we just laugh at him he has mental issues for sure and thats too bad, but no excuse for being a ass to people he knows what he's doing when it comes to that.

The only thing that upsets me is his mess but I can't see most of it from my place so whatever I just started the thread because of that sign, I couldn't stop laughing about it.

I'm careful what I wish for some people have worse neighbors

Jeff

Jims5543

The dog lady next door to me almost came to blows about 5 years ago, we have no spoken a word since, not even hello's out in front of our homes.

I detest her for many reasons but the biggest beef I have with her is her dogs.

Which are much better now. But still suck and it is not their fault, it is hers she is a lazy POS and those dogs do not deserve the life she gives them.

There was a time when they would be outside barking at 1 in the morning 3 in the morning 5 in the morning and all day long 7 days a week. She has been in fights over them with me and the neighbor on the other side.

When I found out Animal control can fine her for her unruly dogs, I started to report her, that brought on the big fight.  See, she is the ex-president of our HOA. This is not acceptable me calling Animal control ON HER!!! 

She now has someone renting from her that stays on top of the dogs.

She has been on disability for the entire 18 years I have lived next door to her. She can be HOA president and be all up everyones ass in the neighborhood about HOA shit, but she is not well enough to work and get a paycheck like normal people. She has to get checks.  Her disability?  Best I can tell she is a drunk that drinks about a case of beer (Bush Light  blah!!) every 2 days and does not even know what time of day it is.

When I first moved in I was nice to her and quickly realized she was a person that just uses and abuses you. So I kept my distance form her.

I keep a dog zapper handy, whenever I am outside and they are barking at me I hit the button and it emits a painful noise for them. The barking stops, if she is not going to train them, than I am .

Everyone else around me is awesome, well, except for the HOA which attacks the nice homes and nothing changes with the POS Rental and abandoned house across the street.

MiniDave

I had a similar problem with my next door neighbor.....he had an enclosure that was about 10' X 4' on a concrete pad, and half of that was taken up by the dog house. His interactions with the dog consisted of putting food in it's bowl and patting it on the head once a day. Once in a while he would hose the dog crap off the concrete floor. The poor dog was bored, and would bark endlessly day and night. I asked several times for them to quiet the dog but to no avail, finally after several months I took them to court, where he proceeded to lie his ass off saying it was someone else's dog that was barking and so on. I'd never been to court before so I wasn't smart enough to brings pictures or even more damning - video......so the judge said absent of evidence he couldn't do anything.

My next move was to both get video and get the local animal control officer involved, that resulted in the dog getting fitted with a zap collar - which worked till the batteries went dead. it was almost funny how the dog would give a quiet test bark to see if the thing as working or not, and in short order it learned it wasn't and was soon in full song again.

After that I became very obvious with my video recording, standing at the fence at all hours of the day or night recording the dog barking, so after a few months I asked again would they please shut the dog up and I mentioned that I now had about 3 hours worth of video taken on a month's worth of days and nights to show the judge....the dog was then moved in with one of their grown kids and I finally could sleep again.

But that wasn't the end of the saga with them - my wife and I both wondered why they never took the dog in the house, and as she was on better terms with them I had sent her over to talk to them about the barking (it kept her awake too) and she saw that they were hoarders - there were boxes from floor to ceiling, with barely enough room to walk thru the house.

Shortly after that the old folks were moved to assisted living and the kids took 5 long dumpster loads of crap out of the house, along with holding numerous garage sales and having local charities come with trucks and haul stuff out of the house....it took months to get it all cleaned out. The house was sold to a nice young couple who do have a nice golden, but she's well trained and mostly stays inside.....

My point is Jeff's neighbor is obviously not right and needs help, maybe he has family that could be contacted? if not there are usually state agencies who will intervene.....but unless he does something egregious, I tend to leave them alone.

But I do not put up with dogs barking endlessly......
Complete failure at retirement

1989 Cooper Racing Green
2009 Clubman S
2014 Audi Allroad

jeff10049

We had that too with him but he got to spend Thanksgiving day 3 years ago in jail 3 days total I think. Because someone reported him beating the dog to the point of seriously hurting it in his car in a store parking lot. He never got the dog back and I don't think he is allowed to have one again. I'm pretty sure he thinks we turned him in but we had nothing to do with it.
One advantage of living where we do the other neighbors are 10 plus acres away.
so someday when he moves, dies or gets committed hopefully someone will come in and clean the dump up it could actually be really nice. I would consider buying if it were really cheap to offset the cleanup cost.   

It's a shame to see someone live like he does I don't think anybody really likes him.
To listen to him talk he is a constant victim everyone else is always out for him.
He used to own the property my place is on and he was given a few months to get it cleaned up by the guy that developed it and several more time extensions.
But to here him talk the developer is a asshole and he threw out his shoulder trying to get it done in a hurry blah blah blah poor me. Then how he helped him by cutting in the driveway and putting up the fence. (a condition of the sale developer will pay for)
he went and got a few bids for a professional built fence submitted them to the developer got a fat check then built a POS fence him self and wants a atta boy for it along with a poor me wrecked my shoulder on the fence too.

Of course EVERYBODY else is a liar and only his story is true.

MPlayle

This sums him up?

"and if you doubt my story is true, ... go ask the blind man, he saw it too!"

94touring

Speaking of hoa dues, the building I own property in just announced the board voted in a 20% hike on the dues.  Now on 60 or 75  bucks a month that wouldn't be a big deal, but I own 2 properties that cost $1135 between the two of them as is.  I predict by morning 400 home owners with pitch forks and torches.  Unfortunately I can't raise holy hell till Monday.

MPlayle

Dan,

Also check the bylaws for the units.  Sometimes there is a clause that limits how much the board can raise dues in any given time frame.