Julius the Moke's RTR(return to roadworthy)

Started by travellering, March 16, 2019, 06:01:31 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Jimini II

Alan remember to check the U bolts fit back in the holes as they have a tendency to spring out a little wider which makes it a pita to fit them. Just tweak them in the vice to get them back to normal.

pbraun

Welcome !  Mokes are fun so get it going!
Peter
65 Moke
60 Bugeye modified
66 Jaguar XJ13 ( I can wish )

MiniDave

Saw it on FB, it's back on the road and making smiles already!
Complete failure at retirement

1989 Cooper Racing Green
2009 Clubman S
2014 Audi Allroad

travellering

Back on the road, and back off just as quickly....  brand new brake master leaking fluid down the back of the pedal.

New new one arriving this week, then on to the next task.

travellering

Made it to the cruise night at Maryville mall!  How much windshield wobble is normal?  Top of windshield moving back and forth a couple inches with wind gusts on the highway... :-\

travellering

Wellll, as they say, every silver lining has a cloud...

After replacing blackened but not wet fouled plugs on the way to the cruise-in, Julius drove fine to the cruise-in, and to the drive-in restaurant after.  As soon as we pulled out onto the road leaving the restaurant, sputter sputter, no power.  Plugs black and sooted up again.  Cleaning them didn't do the trick, so AAA to the rescue...  It's funny, because it idles a tiny bit high,but exhibits no other driveability issues until suddenly it's not firing on those fouled plugs.   Revving does not produce a lot of black smoke, so it's not behaving as though it's really rich.

MiniDave

Well, you have my guess already.....

Some other possibilities - bad coil.

Wrong heat range plugs
Complete failure at retirement

1989 Cooper Racing Green
2009 Clubman S
2014 Audi Allroad

drmini

Little wheel Moke's windshields will definitely flex while driving (if you have the top down) but not noticeable if the top is up.  Seems the air comes over the top of the windshield and buffets.  Mine used to flex about 6" when we drove at speeds over 60 mph.