My various projects thread.

Started by 94touring, July 20, 2016, 12:40:39 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

BruceK

It sure did.  All that bondo on the right front wing was a big surprise to me.
1988 Austin Mini
2002 MINI Cooper S
1992 Toyota LiteAce (JDM)
1997 Jeep Wrangler Sahara

94touring

Front shield in. 35 minutes flat!  I spent more time getting the ribber on the lip and centered up than it took to get the glass actually in.

94touring

Brand new housings for the next monster rotary build.

MiniDave

Complete failure at retirement

1989 Cooper Racing Green
2009 Clubman S
2014 Audi Allroad

94touring

Yep. I've got the porting templates and the carbide burrs all ready to go.

gr8kornholio

I'm getting probably as excited as Bruce is to get his car back and see it in person.  Really hoping to get this vibration issue with mine fixed and get out and do some proper driving  71.gif

4.gif rotary build
I am the GR8KORNHOLIO! Are you threatening me?

Saussie Aussie 1965 Australian MK1 Mini.
"Beavis" - 07 MY/MY MCS, B/MY Konig Daylites, JCW sideskirts, TSW springs, TSW lower rear control arms -- Exploring the country with new friends since 11/09.

94touring

Couple more pics. We ended up painting the doors.  Car was done in single stage originally and just didn't have the same effect without doing the whole car in base/clear.

94touring

Today I got Bruce color sanded up and ready for a buff. I need tp replenish some supplies before I finish it off but here's a wing.

Started porting some rotary irons.  So far so good.

94touring

MiniDave

Do you make house calls for windshield installs?   :D

I can't find anyone to do this windshield on this 73 Mini.......the guy recommended to me broke two appointments - hell the first time he no-showed and no-called - and I told him to pound sand the third time.

1989 Cooper Racing Green
2009 Clubman S
2014 Audi Allroad

BruceK

Quote from: 94touring on August 24, 2017, 11:38:26 AM
Today I got Bruce color sanded up and ready for a buff. I need tp replenish some supplies before I finish it off but here's a wing.

I know that right front wing is composed of two parts welded together, but you sure can't tell based on the perfect reflections.  Very nice! 
1988 Austin Mini
2002 MINI Cooper S

94touring

Quote from: MiniDave on August 24, 2017, 02:08:15 PM
Do you make house calls for windshield installs?   :D

I can't find anyone to do this windshield on this 73 Mini.......the guy recommended to me broke two appointments - hell the first time he no-showed and no-called - and I told him to pound sand the third time.

That sucks!  Haul them cars down here and I'll knock them out!

Bruce- unless you stick your head inside the wheel well and see the stiches and fresh paint, you'd never know.

Jims5543

You text me about intake porting. You want my response here? I know a LOT about this subject having made my intake 25% larger before anyone was doing it.

Will respond tomorrow I am beat, I am getting up every morning at 05:15 to head to gym.

My life is insane right now

Life should not be a journey to the grave with the intention of arriving safely in a pretty and well preserved body, but rather to skid in broadside in a cloud of smoke, thoroughly used up, totally worn out, and loudly proclaiming "Wow! What a Ride! -Hunter S. Thompson

94touring

I'll update the rotary stuff later. Here's Bruce's finished product minus me putting some chrome back on.

BruceK

She looks fantastic!  Much better than when she rolled into Dan's shop.   

I really like the look of the new flares too.   I am pumped about getting her back home soon and enjoying my refurbished Mini! 

Dan, did you ever consider making up a sticker or decal for your business?   I'd be proud to show one on my car.
1988 Austin Mini
2002 MINI Cooper S

gr8kornholio

"Beavis" - 07 MY/MY MCS, B/MY Konig Daylites, JCW sideskirts, TSW springs, TSW lower rear control arms -- Exploring the country with new friends since 11/09.

94touring

Quote from: BruceK on August 31, 2017, 02:46:26 PM
She looks fantastic!  Much better than when she rolled into Dan's shop.   

I really like the look of the new flares too.   I am pumped about getting her back home soon and enjoying my refurbished Mini! 

Dan, did you ever consider making up a sticker or decal for your business?   I'd be proud to show one on my car.

I haven't. Mainly cause I'm too busy to come up with anything, plus I'm trying to work less on other people's projects and more on my own.  I can't get anything done! Lol

Another pic on the show room floor.

BruceK

Anybody know a graphic designer or artist who can create a business logo for Dan?  Once you have the design or artwork it's very easy to get a run of stickers or decals made. 
1988 Austin Mini
2002 MINI Cooper S

MiniDave

Emma looks awesome!

I'd be happy to have one on my car too, but I don't want to overburden Dan with work anymore than he already is!  :-)

What would you have for a logo?

1989 Cooper Racing Green
2009 Clubman S
2014 Audi Allroad

94touring

Almost forgot about the door issues I had today. Went tp roll down the passenger door to put the mirror on and all hell broke loose.  Thought the one rail had fallen off, which it did, but also found that the rubber had twisted up inside the door.  However the main culprit was the door mechanism popped off the track.  In order to fix it required taking it out of the door, drilling out 2 rivets that hold a plate over the teeth, then simply placing the terth back where they needed to go, put the plate back, and reassemble.  I gave the plate a few hits with the hammer to make it more snug with the gears so they are less prone to slipping off again.

MiniDave

Exactly what I had to do with the '73 Mini......

1989 Cooper Racing Green
2009 Clubman S
2014 Audi Allroad

gr8kornholio

If Dan or anyone has a logo idea, my misses is pretty crafty.  I'll mention it and see if she has any ideas.

94touring

Quote from: MiniDave on August 31, 2017, 05:02:36 PM
Exactly what I had to do with the '73 Mini......

Took me a couple hours of fiddling and investigating before I had it all worked out. It helped I have a spare guts to a door I could look at to figure out what went wrong.

So rotaries.  Finished all my porting this evening.  I've also come across a company that makes some go fast parts for rotaries.  Suffice it to say I'll be dumping money when I pull the motor eventually on this intake system they make. They bore out the throttle body much larger, then offer their own lower and upper manifolds that are 35% bigger in the airflow department. Also the manifold is setup to accept 4 injectors, rather than the stock 2. Gives me the option to run a better fuel system basically. Power wise it was dyno tested on a 13b at 14psi and the results looking at the graphs they posted  were at minimum 25rwhp gain throughout the whole powerband, 50 more at peak (375 to 425) and at 8k rpms the power was previously roughly 315 and went up to 415...gained 100 there! 

94touring

gr8kornholio

Ok Bruce, you can't park next to my mini anymore.  That looks awesome  77.gif