79 Canadian Mini

Started by skmini, December 30, 2015, 12:07:37 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

skmini

I've got the minilights on it now because, believe it or not, I got a nail in one of my front tires on Monday.  I think it almost looks better with the narrower steel wheels and hubcaps.

94touring

That's an impressive transformation  :13:

skmini

Finally got the grill whiskers put on, not that you can really see them behind the bumper overriders.  I fitted them before painting, but couldn't find them when putting everything back together, so I ordered a new set.

skmini

I pulled the engine/transmission out of the Mini to rebuild the transmission.  2nd gear was a bit crunchy, and it shows.  Unfortunately, I don't have a replacement but hopefully the new baulk rings will help out.

I entered the Mini in a large indoor car show: I have one week to get everything back together, cleaned up and get the car into the exhibition area.  If I'm lucky, the weather stays below freezing and the back alley is still frozen.  If I'm unlucky, it and all the streets on the way to the show will be a muddy mess.

MiniDave

Yikes, that operating sleeve is ruff!   :undecided:

You can clean up the worst of the damage and it might help a little.....

I  know what you mean about the roads.....I had the Inno all cleaned up to take to a show and about  a mile from the venue there was a huge puddle in the middle of the road that I could not avoid, by the time I got to the show it had dried and I had to practically wash the car.....the only good part for me was that it was outside, but I had no water to clean with.....
Complete failure at retirement

1989 Cooper Racing Green
2009 Clubman S
2014 Audi Allroad

skmini

I managed to get everything back together, the roads stayed frozen and I got the car to the show.  I'm setup front and center with the local British car club.  "Car 54"   :grin: The show starts tomorrow morning.  It's a judged show and the Mini is basically in the same class as all the other British cars.

MiniDave

Best of Luck!

Are you coming to MMEMW this summer at Spearfish, SD?

1989 Cooper Racing Green
2009 Clubman S
2014 Audi Allroad

skmini

Thanks!  Unfortunately, I don't have enough vacation time to be able to do it.

94touring

skmini

Never would I have imagined...

94touring

MiniDave

1989 Cooper Racing Green
2009 Clubman S
2014 Audi Allroad

skmini

Of course, this is 1st place in "Restored British Sports Car", but the TR6 and MGA beside me are also in really good shape.  There was also an MGB that had just been restored.

cstudep

Your car looks absolutely great! Well deserved 1st place I would say :13: