Previous topic - Next topic

which color

tan
3 (42.9%)
blue
4 (57.1%)

Total Members Voted: 7

94touring

I've been fond of the tan like Daves clubby, but also keep toying with the light blue idea like the mexico blue mini I painted.  I do have some tan paint on hand to cut cost. 

MiniDave

Some colors lend themselves to the wagon better......

How about cream below and red on top?
Complete failure at retirement

1989 Cooper Racing Green
2009 Clubman S
2014 Audi Allroad

94touring

Anything other than white, black, union, or checkered roof is too much for my head.

stan360

The blue stands alone well, doesn't really need stripes or white top but looks good with or without them ....although that wood accent is cool.   I think the tan is really 70-80's retro and really benefits from the accent stripe(s),  may be a bit plain without it.....I am still thinking of a possible offset accent stripes or bottom door area stripes on mine.

What about this root beer brown beast  or green machine.....  oh damn, I just seen this is up for vote between the two. You could do tan with / blue stripe.

94touring

Definitely not the brown but that green looks pretty good.

towjoe

I like the green one and the surf blue also.
Regards
towjoe 77.gif

MiniDave

What's the plan for the interior? are you gonna get new everything based on the outside color?

Stan, put a blue roof on that tan car and see what it looks like.....then try it with a red top too?

1989 Cooper Racing Green
2009 Clubman S
2014 Audi Allroad

94touring

Interior will be based off exterior.  I happen to have seats that would work with either.

MPlayle

Going to leave it a "Steelie" or add the wood kit and have a Clubman "Woody"?

This is one I had at one time:

94touring

MiniDave

I liked Buzz with just the stripes on the side.....I've only seen one Clubman Estate with no stripes/faux wood that I liked and it was all black....with lots of chrome/shiny bits.

I definitely never liked the fake wood/aluminum trim that came on the early cars.

1989 Cooper Racing Green
2009 Clubman S
2014 Audi Allroad

John Gervais

I think the paint should compliment the level of performance.  Fire-breathing dragon should be bright and bold, grandma's grocery-getter should be diminutive. 

So, if it were mine, I'd be tempted to go with a sort of pastel salmon-pink / coral-color with royal blue trim, possibly a thin/narrow paisley wedge-motif (in royal blue paisley) instead of the traditional 2 stripes down the side of the body.

I'm thinking this sort of colour (Edit - I don't know how to change the color like Stan - how'd you do that?):
- Pave the Bay -

MPlayle

The wood kit on the red one I owned was not fake.  It is the same replacement real ash wood kit made for replacing the wood one the early round-nosed Woodies.

I ordered the kit and finished (5 coats of marine Varithane) and installed it myself.

jeff10049

how about the almond green mini had hard to find correct photos of it but i think it would look good on a clubby? I like the tan and blue both, but Id go with the blue if I had to make a choice between the two.

jeff10049

but wait theirs more another color other than the two you are thinking about. farina grey

94touring

That grey looks good.

Will be keeping the clubby front.

John Gervais

- Pave the Bay -

jedduh01

94touring

MiniDave

1989 Cooper Racing Green
2009 Clubman S
2014 Audi Allroad

94touring

Lol, still torn.  I may be changing up the look of the blue mini after the engine upgrade, in which case it's interior would come out and go into the clubby.  If that happens it will go Mexico blue.

MiniDave

Saw this pic today, I'm sure some of you guys have already seen a pickup done like this but it was a first for me and I like the way it looks!

1989 Cooper Racing Green
2009 Clubman S
2014 Audi Allroad