brake problem and question

Started by 94touring, July 11, 2009, 11:56:31 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

94touring

The brakes on the Inno were bled today and checked fine there.  The problem appears to be that the pedal goes all the way to the floor before I get pressure on the brakes.  Would this indicate the master isn't sealing and needs rebuilt? 

joltfreak

not quite.
could there be still air in the system? how are the rubber lines? they could be collapsed or ballooning
check out the official website for updates!!!!! 

xcc_rider

2 pumps and what happens? If you get a firm pedal at some point it could be more air or the shoes need adjusting. If you get a firm pedal, hold it down and see if it slowly creeps to the floor. This would indicate a seal leak and rebuild, but make sure if you have a remote servo that you rebuild the right thing as these can do the same as the MC and leak by. I rebuilt my MC only to find it was the servo instead. Pulled the servo off, bypassed it, drained about a pint and a half from the chamber and am starting to get a stronger right leg now.   dan

94touring

I can pump the brake all day long and get no pressure.  Its only when the pedal reaches the floor that it actually firms up.  It seems to hold pressure when held at the bottom.  Perhaps I should try and bypass the servo and see what happens.  I didn't notice the lines expanding or contracting when I was under there with someone pumping the brakes either.  Lots of fluid in the master and what came out of the lines was clean looking.  I didn't try to adjust the shoes in the rear, but I'll double check those to make sure. 

mascher

First try adjusting the rear brakes until the wheels are locked. Note any difference it makes in the pedal. Ballooning flexible lines normally won't be visible. The brake system moves so little fluid to operate that even a very small expansion in the line will cause the pedal to sink.

Kelley

94touring

Ok so I adjusted the rears and still no pressure.  Took out the servo and bypassed that and still no pressure.  Must be the master, so I'll order a rebuild kit and call it good. 

Hayman9644

Dan if you were back in Tulsa I have a hone you could use.  Just thought I would add that. Ha Ha

94touring

Haha yes funny, and a really big shop I'd be chilling in too.