First Post

Started by notabmw, March 21, 2009, 04:11:50 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

94touring

Speaking of Dean, where has he been?

joltfreak

my guess would be, printing and sending out the mini50 shirts
check out the official website for updates!!!!! 

Hi guys!

I like the website! I like the separated topics, and the more friendly atmosphere. No restoration going on for me, can I still hang here?!

-Ryan

p.s.- The arcade is flippin sweeeeet ;D

94touring

Quote from: 481 on May 07, 2009, 10:46:40 AM
Hi guys!

I like the website! I like the separated topics, and the more friendly atmosphere. No restoration going on for me, can I still hang here?!

-Ryan

p.s.- The arcade is flippin sweeeeet ;D

I guess you can hang here...  ;)  Enjoy yourself, have fun, good luck at pacman. 

I was admiring your pacman score earlier...that's gonna be a tough one. I demolished Batman's score on plumber, I think he's mad at me. Lol

94touring

He was so proud of that plumber score, haha.

Minicop

OK, lets all gang up on Mr. Anderson and beat his Pacman score. Shhhh.... I don't think he can hear me.  ;)

batman1usa

how do I ever got off 850cc?  I at least want a 998cc(in rebuild) or something.   How many post to 1275cc?    :-\

BATMAN

94touring

50 post gets you 998 and 100 gets you 1071 or something.  I think 500 was 1275. 

batman1usa

;D OK... that's 33

minimad

Hello! Checking in. May post my photobucket pics up for my never ending (or beginning)  :-\ '64 1071S project.

94touring

joltfreak

check out the official website for updates!!!!! 

scottb6058

Hey there,
Any good sources for good MKI half floors.
Unsure of Hadrian and Heritage.
I would like M-Machine but who sells them in the states?
Thank Scott
http://minimorriscoopers.blogspot.com/
My idea with this big project is to take it back in time with the patina it deserves, some pitted chrome, all original brocade maybe a scuff or stain but all there.

MEhinger

ScottB6058, just order directly from m-machine. They provide quick turnaround and their shipping is not that outrageous. Call them up. That is what I did.

Jims5543

1st Post.

Hey, I am Jim, an old friend of 94tourings from back in his RX7 days. We have always shared common interests like Mini's, MINI's, RX7's and Porsche 911's, land surveying and silver thongs. I have been fortunate enough to own a 05 MCS JCW with a full Spax suspension added and a 1980 Porsche 911 with a 1990 Engine swap churning out about 350HP.... in a 2400 lb car it was fun. I have had my 1987 RX7 for over 10 years now and it has a 1993 twin turbo motor in it making 400 to the wheels when I feel insane and 330 when I feel insane and want to keep my engine in one piece.

My last car on my "early life bucket list" that I have yet to obtain and play with is a Mini. I have come close to pulling the trigger on a few in the past but things never worked out right.

Dan and I just got back in touch after a while and he has been pestering me to grab one of his that he has and gave me this website he has started to look around.

I have not really looked around much but plan on it over the next few days. Maybe I will finally grab a Mini to play with.

Life should not be a journey to the grave with the intention of arriving safely in a pretty and well preserved body, but rather to skid in broadside in a cloud of smoke, thoroughly used up, totally worn out, and loudly proclaiming "Wow! What a Ride! -Hunter S. Thompson

94touring

Haha, you just had to mention thongs....bastard. 

Was looking at some of the rx7 vids you have on your website and had to just walk away from the computer.  I want another 3rd gen so bad it kills me sometimes.   

Jims5543

Not to get into Rx7's too much on a Mini board but..... you may as well be tempted. :D

My dad purchased a 1993 RX7 a couple of years after I got my 87. He had a C5 Vette at the time ans was so impressed by how fast my RX7 was at the local AX and on the street he had to have one. It had a blown engine and he put a Mazda reman in it, then we had Pettit racing do some tricks. It puts 330 to the wheels as well with the stock twins and a Power FC. Fresh back paint and lots of TLC.

He is selling it for 12K he keeps asking me to buy it to keep it in the family. He is selling to buy a nicer boat.

Ddi you see those vids on the Ring?? They make me want to ship my car out and get over there....
Life should not be a journey to the grave with the intention of arriving safely in a pretty and well preserved body, but rather to skid in broadside in a cloud of smoke, thoroughly used up, totally worn out, and loudly proclaiming "Wow! What a Ride! -Hunter S. Thompson

94touring

I remember you telling me about your dads 7, and I think I even saw some pics of the thing.  12k seems like a good deal, at least it was a couple years ago when I knew the market for them better. 

Yeah saw that video too.  All good stuff. 

scottb6058

Look like your on your way.
Good luck and I like your garage.
regards Scott
My idea with this big project is to take it back in time with the patina it deserves, some pitted chrome, all original brocade maybe a scuff or stain but all there.

macmanron

Man, I thought I had posted here, but here goes:  Hello!!!
1966 Austin Cooper S,1965 Morris Mini Minor Traveller, 1965 Triumph TR4A, 1965 Triumph Spitfire(project)

gtamini

Just wanted to give a shout out, wish everybody a happy new year. Love the site, will start being a frequent user.

Thanks
George

www.gtaminicoopers.shutterfly.com

94touring

Welcome to the forum, always nice to see a familiar new face. 

SingleSCVTEC

71.gif Feelin' pumped to finally get myself on a mini page in a group etc. Cheers!  77.gif This is cool and easier to navigate around versus other forums Hope to get to know other enthusiasts and pass around knowledge!  4.gif

SingleSCVTEC

Quote from: batman1usa on May 08, 2009, 01:56:08 PM
;D OK... that's 33
really cool way to keep people posting and interested in the forum haha gotta level up n stuff hahahaha 17.gif