Lets Make it Two - His & Hers!

Started by MiniDave, June 05, 2024, 07:32:18 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

MiniDave

My 2009 MINI was getting pretty tired and the bride stumbled onto this - a 2018 A4 Allroad with 14,500 miles on it!

Went to the Ford dealership that had it on the lot (traded for a giant Ford diesel pickup truck), drove it yesterday and went back with the MINI today and made the deal.

We've had her 2014 for 4 years now and have had zero problems with it, so we decided to take a chance on this very low mile 2018. I verified the mileage with Audi this morning before we bought it. Spent an hour this evening trying to learn all the ins and outs and how to make stuff work. The 2018 has a dual clutch 7 speed gearbox vs the 8 speed automatic in the 2014. It also has adjustable settings for the shocks and suspension and about 30 more hp than our 2014.

Next I need to find a trailer hitch and wiring for it.......I'll still have my classic Minis of course, but it's nice to have a car that's as quiet and comfortable as this. At the rate we put on miles (maybe 5K a year....between the two of us) it should last us a good long time.

Complete failure at retirement

1989 Cooper Racing Green
2009 Clubman S
2014 Audi Allroad

Willie_B

Looks like a good comfortable tow vehicle. Lots of room for stuff too.

jeff10049

But you could have got an all4 countryman.  :grin: