A new game... Post pics from your cel phone V.1.0

Started by Jims5543, March 10, 2014, 07:40:45 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

MiniDave

Hang on, when did you get that one? (the car I mean!)
Complete failure at retirement

1989 Cooper Racing Green
2009 Clubman S
2014 Audi Allroad

Brit_in_TX

I bought it in late 2021.  I still have the blue one.

MiniDave

NIce! Looks fantastic! The little one is cute too!

1989 Cooper Racing Green
2009 Clubman S
2014 Audi Allroad

Brit_in_TX

It is a 1964 Austin Mini Countryman. I bought it from someone in South Texas and it was a none runner, the engine started but the brakes and clutch did not work.  So spent a bit of money to get it running.

I keep toying with the idea of selling it, but every time I take it out it gets such a great reaction. 

94touring

I've been in Okinawa a lot this month.  I have to say it's one of my favorite places  to visit.  Even though this is "work" it's been more like a vacation.  Not that I'm a cheap bastard but the prices on things are very affordable here.  8 bucks an hour to drink and a 3 course meal consisting of steak, king crab, and a daiquiri was $48.  I don't want to go home to work  :sad:

Not pictured, saw a couple classic minis and a vw bus. According to the other guys wrist machines that calculate mileage, we hiked around 22 miles. P.S the snake drink taste like spiced apples.

MPlayle

94touring

Quote from: MPlayle on April 23, 2024, 07:00:19 AMWhat was with the go-cart groups?

You could rent them.  It looked like a lot of fun.

cstudep

Pretty sure I would have had to been all in on the go-cart's, that would be a blast I think.

Looks like you got the obligatory karaoke in as well, well done!

Japan is one place I would absolutely love to go to some day.

BruceK

It's a MG Jim, but not as we know it.

It's a Mexican-registered, Chinese-built vehicle with a venerable historically-British nameplate.

I spotted this generic-looking MG SUV in a local parking lot today. The front sort of looks like a Mazda CX5 and the back sort of looks like a Toyota RAV4.  And I'm sure that was the general idea. It's about as far away as it can be from a MGB.

1988 Austin Mini
2002 MINI Cooper S
1992 Toyota LiteAce (JDM)
1997 Jeep Wrangler Sahara

94touring

Ha, interesting find!  I've never seen one of those.

Brit_in_TX

The sell them in the UK, and they are total junk. 

MiniDave

Don and I went to look at some big shiny silver dumpsters after breakfast this morning! As big as they are, they're not as big as the Dodge Ram 1500 that went cruising past us as we were looking at them. It was interesting to see them at all different suspension heights too.....One of them had the roll top partly open so you could see into the bed. I can think of a lot of things I can buy with the $100K plus it takes to buy one.

One other interesting thing - if you've been following the news about these online, there are a lot of complaints about the sharp edges on the panels - and boy howdy are they ever. I can see how easy it would be to slice open your hand or wrist putting something in or out of the frunk especially.

1989 Cooper Racing Green
2009 Clubman S
2014 Audi Allroad

MPlayle

"big shiny silver dumpsters" sounds like a good description for them.   :grin: